FFC vs. FBC football league this year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

FFC vs. FBC football league this year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:06 pm

chadlincoln wrote:I think it is total garbage that that trade got vetoed. I'd like to know who vetoed. Then I'd like them to explain how it was collussion. I get that feeling that I'm in a yahoo public league where people veto for no reason whatsoever. That can't be true though. This is supposed to be a league with people who understand what a veto is and how to use it and not abuse it.

I swear I didn't veto. If you read what I said a few posts back, I was thinking of vetoing your deal, but like I said, it's a huge gamble on the part of the FF Guru to take stock on Chester Taylor and the Denver Bells. It might pan out for him and it might not, but certainly not veto-worthy.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 674)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:52 pm

Ok, well I'll be the first to come forward. When I first saw it, even though I knew it wasn't collusion I feel it really upsets the balance of the league, so I vetoed it. Now seeing that FFG really wants it I guess it was a mistake. Offer it again and hopefully it will go through the 2nd time. It won't happen again from me. :-[
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jzfran » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:57 pm

I didn't veto it...didn't agree with it but I rarely use my veto power.
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:04 pm

Ok, by my count we have 9 guys so far who have said they didn't veto it. I'm the only one who has "confessed." It couldn't have gotten vetoed by 1 guy, so how about some people start telling the truth. It's not like you are going to be kicked out of the league if you say you did.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:22 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:Ok, by my count we have 9 guys so far who have said they didn't veto it. I'm the only one who has "confessed." It couldn't have gotten vetoed by 1 guy, so how about some people start telling the truth. It's not like you are going to be kicked out of the league if you say you did.

Yeah, I find that interesting. :-?

So, me, jz, Weir, Miner, ronin, Zito, and DD, as far as I know, who didn't think the deal was vetoable. But I suppose, even if you find the deal not vetoable, that doesn't mean you won't veto. I didn't see a compelling enough reason to use the veto, but I could see why there are folks who felt they should veto.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 674)

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:44 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:Ok, by my count we have 9 guys so far who have said they didn't veto it. I'm the only one who has "confessed." It couldn't have gotten vetoed by 1 guy, so how about some people start telling the truth. It's not like you are going to be kicked out of the league if you say you did.

So, me, jz, Weir, Miner, ronin, Zito, and DD, as far as I know, who didn't think the deal was vetoable. But I suppose, even if you find the deal not vetoable, that doesn't mean you won't veto. I didn't see a compelling enough reason to use the veto, but I could see why there are folks who felt they should veto.

Yup, those 7 + the 2 in the trade is 9. Then add me and we have 10/12 people. So even if both of the others who haven't commented vetoed, it wouldn't have been enough.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mweir145 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:56 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:

Yup, those 7 + the 2 in the trade is 9. Then add me and we have 10/12 people. So even if both of the others who haven't commented vetoed, it wouldn't have been enough.

Yeah, don't you need atleast 1/3 of the league for it to be officially vetoed? That means somebody out of that bunch is lying.
I of course had the inclination to veto when I first saw it as many others probably did, but then after I thought about it for a few seconds, I realized there really wasn't a legitimate reason to do it.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Postby knapplc » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:53 pm

mweir145 wrote: Yeah, don't you need atleast 1/3 of the league for it to be officially vetoed? That means somebody out of that bunch is lying. I of course had the inclination to veto when I first saw it as many others probably did, but then after I thought about it for a few seconds, I realized there really wasn't a legitimate reason to do it.

Probably - but that's because...

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!

Whoever "lied" probably did so not knowing it would turn into such a huge deal. I wouldn't get too upset about it.

Why not have FFG offer the trade again and see if it gets vetoed a second time? Since the majority of owners have said they'd let it pass, do it again and let it pass.

Seems easy enough. O:-)
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:08 pm

I reoffered it.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Tavish » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:15 pm

chadlincoln wrote:I reoffered it.

I'm betting FFG was one of the guys who vetoed it. One of those "in hind-sight I was crazy to take it" vetoes. I doubt he accepts the deal again.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk