Cris Young - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Cris Young

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cris Young

Postby ebrage » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:47 pm

Does anybody know why Cris young left the game so early? :~(
ebrage
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 256
Joined: 5 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ab » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:58 pm

strained back muscle. severity unknown currently
ab
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 980
Joined: 4 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FalcoAtL » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:37 am

Rotoworld:
Chris Young was forced from his start Sunday by a strained back muscle.
Young faced just three Diamondbacks before leaving today's game. If he has to go on the disabled list, the Padres could recall Mike Thompson to replace him in the rotation.
Image
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1890
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby moflo19 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:31 pm

Just saw this on rotowire:



Young (shoulder) has a "good chance" of spending time on the 15-day DL, manager Bruce Bochy told the San Diego Union-Tribune. He is expected to miss at least two starts.


Oh well, gives me an excuse to drop him then. :-t
moflo19
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 112
Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago

Postby schmidty » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:26 pm

moflo19 wrote:Oh well, gives me an excuse to drop him then. :-t


Yeah, me too. My league had Hamels still as a FA, and this gave me the excuse to swap them. Even if Young's injury is best-case-scenario, I figure I still probably come out ahead as far as my pitching staff's concerned. Young gave a good ride, but injury aside has been real spotty the last couple of months.
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 1710
Joined: 6 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Young 8 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:15 pm

schmidty wrote:
moflo19 wrote:Oh well, gives me an excuse to drop him then. :-t


Yeah, me too. My league had Hamels still as a FA, and this gave me the excuse to swap them.s.


wow...is a 6 man league ??

8-o
Young 8
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1324
Joined: 11 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby schmidty » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:24 pm

Young 8 wrote:
schmidty wrote:
moflo19 wrote:Oh well, gives me an excuse to drop him then. :-t


Yeah, me too. My league had Hamels still as a FA, and this gave me the excuse to swap them.s.


wow...is a 6 man league ??

8-o


Actually, it's a 12-man league. And 9/12 managers are still active. It's just an odd group that doesn't seem to value SP much -- so far this year, I've scavenged Brett Myers, King Felix, AJ Burnett, Ben Sheets. Oh well, their loss is my gain ... I'm just out of 1st place despite a drafted hitting lineup full of underacheivers (including Teix, Figgins, Crisp, Drew, Griffey, and Wilkerson).
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 1710
Joined: 6 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Young 8 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:31 pm

schmidty wrote:
Young 8 wrote:
schmidty wrote:
moflo19 wrote:Oh well, gives me an excuse to drop him then. :-t


Yeah, me too. My league had Hamels still as a FA, and this gave me the excuse to swap them.s.


wow...is a 6 man league ??

8-o


Actually, it's a 12-man league. And 9/12 managers are still active. It's just an odd group that doesn't seem to value SP much -- so far this year, I've scavenged Brett Myers, King Felix, AJ Burnett, Ben Sheets. Oh well, their loss is my gain ... I'm just out of 1st place despite a drafted hitting lineup full of underacheivers (including Teix, Figgins, Crisp, Drew, Griffey, and Wilkerson).



ok....now add Hamels


:-D
Young 8
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1324
Joined: 11 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact