Photoshop Problem - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Photoshop Problem

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Photoshop Problem

Postby sportsguy138 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:08 pm

i've been using photoshop for a couple of weeks now and there is a problem with it that really pisses me off.. sometimes when i want to select move, or for example make a text, the program just doesn't run normally. so it wouldn't let me move the render, or make a new text untill a wait a few minutes try again or whatever.

i talked to teddy about this problem before and he said it was the program freezing on me, and to open a new program then it should work again. it worked pretty good.. but it seems to me like i use it every time i try to do something different.

does anyone have a solution to this? :-[
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 406)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:22 pm

sounds like you need more horsepower to run things smoother. the lag can be caused by not enough cache and maybe not having your scratch disk setup right. go to preferences and check it out. also, do you have a lot of fonts? anyways make sure your resources are not tied to another application, afterall PS likes lots of RAM.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby sportsguy138 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:32 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:sounds like you need more horsepower to run things smoother. the lag can be caused by not enough cache and maybe not having your scratch disk setup right. go to preferences and check it out. also, do you have a lot of fonts? anyways make sure your resources are not tied to another application, afterall PS likes lots of RAM.

im not too great with computers.. so the terminology you just used pretty much went in one year and out the other.. :-/

could you please explain it in simpler words :-o
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:52 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:sounds like you need more horsepower to run things smoother. the lag can be caused by not enough cache and maybe not having your scratch disk setup right. go to preferences and check it out. also, do you have a lot of fonts? anyways make sure your resources are not tied to another application, afterall PS likes lots of RAM.

im not too great with computers.. so the terminology you just used pretty much went in one year and out the other.. :-/

He's basically saying that PS eats a lot of your PC's resources. You're either running a PC that barely meets software requirements or because you're multitasking between different programs or your PC is running some background processes that will affect PS's performance.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 619)

Postby Red Sox Nation » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:07 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:

He's basically saying that PS eats a lot of your PC's resources. You're either running a PC that barely meets software requirements or because you're multitasking between different programs or your PC is running some background processes that will affect PS's performance.

Yep. :-o

Not so great cuz i experience the same thing after I've had my comp on for a while. Also, it "lags" when I have WMP on or AIM or when I'm working with large stock images or on a wallpaper. The best thing is to post the amount RAM/Hard Drive your computer uses but nothing else. Private info posted on a forum isn't very good. Perhaps it's time for another computer upgrade, maybe, or don't open many files/programs at once.
[url=http://omgitspeter.googlepages.com/home]My Graphics[/url]

Red Sox Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sportsguy138 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:30 pm

alright thanks guys..

i notice if turn on photo shop when ive just started the computer it seems to work pretty well..

anyways.. i have msn open al the time.. and usually a few windows open.. ill try closing them for next time and i hope it work..

;-D
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Red Sox Nation » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:39 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:alright thanks guys..

i notice if turn on photo shop when ive just started the computer it seems to work pretty well..

anyways.. i have msn open al the time.. and usually a few windows open.. ill try closing them for next time and i hope it work..

;-D

Also, rebooting (restarting) the computer helps clear the RAM and so it won't be as slow next time. ;-D
[url=http://omgitspeter.googlepages.com/home]My Graphics[/url]

Red Sox Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests