Any News on Liriano - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Any News on Liriano

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Any News on Liriano

Postby ZFever » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:49 am

I hate to drop him and let someone pick him up and then come playoff time I get burned. But we don't have DL spots in my CBS money league and he's taking up a bench spot that could be used by someone else. But if he does come back will he be limitied to a pitch count. I'd like to pick up Duchscherer but Liriano is tough to drop. I get close to the drop button and I freak out :-o
ZFever
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 405z06 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:59 am

I just came here looking for the same info. Combine Liriano's injury with Verlander's recent struggles and the 2 guys who helped push me to #1 are gonna need to do something to keep me there.
405z06
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Any News on Liriano

Postby KTM » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:03 pm

ZFever wrote:I hate to drop him and let someone pick him up and then come playoff time I get burned. But we don't have DL spots in my CBS money league and he's taking up a bench spot that could be used by someone else. But if he does come back will he be limitied to a pitch count. I'd like to pick up Duchscherer but Liriano is tough to drop. I get close to the drop button and I freak out :-o

He is scheduled to throw from flat ground this weekend upon approval from the medical staff. You might want to hold off until you hear a report on how the session goes.

My gut feeling is that he's done for the regular season. The twins staff has picked up the slack a little. If they make the post season and if he's healthy he might pitch then.

His injury is not that serious but it could be if not handled with care.

If the news this weekend is anything but stellar don't feel bad about making a change. When making these decisions throughout the season sometimes you're right and sometimes you're wrong - comes with the territory. At this point in the year my philosophy has always been if you are not producing - superstar or not - you're out of here.
KTM
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ryno23 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:18 pm

Don't waive him yet.
Ryno23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Deeznutz » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:42 pm

Aug 23 Michael Gluskin, of Minnesota.Twins.MLB.com, reports Minnesota Twins SP Francisco Liriano (elbow) threw the ball 30 times from 60 feet without any pain Tuesday, Aug. 22, and will continue to throw as he strengthens his arm. Liriano will play catch every day until he is ready for a bullpen session or to throw off the mound. If he does feel any pain in his elbow along the way, he will be shut down for the rest of the season. KFFL

Here's the latest....got it off yahoo...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7504/news
Deeznutz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GrubNasty » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:32 am

i waived him in my roto league a week or so after he went DL... but with only 4 weeks left and hes just now starting to throw? i dont really see how many games he could squeeze in and i doubt their quality...
GrubNasty
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby checkers » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:13 am

If Francisco Liriano returns this season, it could be out of the bullpen, according to the Star-Tribune. "Using him out of the bullpen, if he's healthy, is always an option," said manager Ron Gardenhire. "That's not saying we can't start him again, but it has to be right."
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Injuries & Player Updates