Huston Street leaves w/injury - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Huston Street leaves w/injury

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby rentz » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:08 pm

checkers wrote:
accobra_kid wrote:Looks like Street just got put on the DL.

where do u see this ?

it's on espn, street heading to 15day dl
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby checkers » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:10 pm

rentz wrote:
checkers wrote:
accobra_kid wrote:Looks like Street just got put on the DL.

where do u see this ?

it's on espn, street heading to 15day dl

got it... saw it on yahoo also... tks
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dannomyte » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:53 pm

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Oakland Athletics placed closer Huston Street on the 15-day disabled list Sunday with a strained right groin.

The right-hander, who is sixth in the AL with 29 saves, was injured while taking the loss in the second game of a doubleheader against Kansas City on Friday night. The move is retroactive to Aug. 19.

Left-hander Ron Flores was called up from Triple-A Sacramento to take Street's roster spot.

Street allowed the tying and go-ahead runs in the Royals' four-run eighth inning Friday. He is 4-3 with a 3.22 ERA in 57 appearances with the AL West-leading A's.

He was also unavailable for 12 games from April 19-May 1 with a strained muscle in his chest.

This is Flores' fourth stint with the A's this season. He is 1-1 with a 3.09 ERA in 17 relief appearances with Oakland.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2555425
Dannomyte
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigmoney » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:57 pm

yeah i just saw that article too. I'm sure you guys were all thinking the same thing while reading it: "I don't give a **** about FLores, just tell me who the new closer is!"
bigmoney
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:28 pm

Does anyone know what the typical recovery time for something like this is? Should we write him off for the rest of the season, or expect him to come back in 15 days?
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sportsfan1433 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:26 pm

tinfoilxtouch wrote:Does anyone know what the typical recovery time for something like this is? Should we write him off for the rest of the season, or expect him to come back in 15 days?

same question. any info?
sportsfan1433
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Smileyman9 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:54 pm

The rest of the season? We have about 6 weeks left in the season before playoffs...I'm going to guess he'll be back well before the season ends just based on it being a right strained groin as opposed to say a tear. Since the 15 day DL start was "started" Aug 19th, that'd make Sept 2nd the end of the 15 days. From there it'll probably depend on how he bad the strain is and how he feels...at the very minimum I'd think he'd be around for the final 3 weeks of the season.
Smileyman9
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby pigskinnhorsehide » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:09 pm

This from Fanball.com-

The News
The Athletics are shorthanded with reliever Huston Street going on the 15-day DL with a groin strain, but they don't expect to be without him for long. Street's injury will be handled cautiously because, trainer Larry Davis explained to the San Francisco Chronicle, "This is a young player who is a max-effort type of guy and that's his push-off leg." Davis described the strain as Grade 1, a mild strain, and he anticipates that Street will be just about ready to go when his time on the DL is up. "I think it will be darn close to that," Davis said.

Our View
Fantasy owners should plan to be without Street for a couple weeks, but that's comforting considering the diagnosis could've been much worse.
pigskinnhorsehide
College Coach
College Coach

Postby checkers » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:53 am

Huston Street returned to the Bay Area Monday to undergo an MRI on his strained right groin, according to the Contra Costa Times. The results won't be known until today. "(The results) will determine how aggressive we are with the rehab," said trainer Larry Davis. "If it doesn't show a huge tear, it tells you how fast you can go."

not a good news :-t
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:58 pm

checkers wrote:Huston Street returned to the Bay Area Monday to undergo an MRI on his strained right groin, according to the Contra Costa Times. The results won't be known until today. "(The results) will determine how aggressive we are with the rehab," said trainer Larry Davis. "If it doesn't show a huge tear, it tells you how fast you can go."

not a good news :-t

Since the original wording was "strain", if there is a huge tear, I'm going to be very very upset. :-/
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates