Who will be called up??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Who will be called up???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:48 pm

FantasyGURU802 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
bigwords wrote:According to the Fantasy 411 MLB.com podcast, a source inside the Tigers organization indicated that Cameron Maybin could be called up soon. Obviously, this would be huge, not necessarally because Maybin would contribute this year -- he'd probably only be a pinch runner -- but because it would start his arbitration clock and the Tigers would have no hesitancy in bringing him up in future years, possibly next.

Enough caveats and conditional phrases, I know, but still very, very interesting.

;-D

You all just got pwned...

Tulowitzki is already up... No one else on the list is though... Hopefully a few more will be up in the next week or so...

How did we get pwned???? :-? :-?
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby powenM » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:22 pm

rmande09 wrote:In my years of following baseball, I have NEVER seen a player called from Low-A to the Bigs. EVER. Not once. I could be wrong, but please, give me an example. I am pretty sure it has never happened.

It is an impossibility. Please, feel free to hold out for Maybin with your waiver, because you'll get f'd over. There is absolutely ZERO chance he will get called up.

And no one with an intelligent bone in their body actually suggested Upton could be called up this season, no one.

Ben Macdonald - Drafted by the Baltimore Orioles in the 1st round (1st pick) of the 1989 amateur draft. He signed August 19, 1989 & made his debut September 6, 1989

John Olerud - Drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays in the 3rd round of the 1989 amateur draft. He signed August 26, 1989 & made his debut September September 3, 1989 , 1989

Others that didnt play in minors or made the quick jump after a few gms:

Roger Clemens
Barry Bonds

and the list goes on....from years gone by.
Just traded BButler, BWood & JLoney for Mark Teixeira, Ryan Theriot & Renyel Pinto in a DYNASTY LEAGUE. Big gamble I know!
powenM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FantasyGURU802 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:32 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
FantasyGURU802 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
bigwords wrote:According to the Fantasy 411 MLB.com podcast, a source inside the Tigers organization indicated that Cameron Maybin could be called up soon. Obviously, this would be huge, not necessarally because Maybin would contribute this year -- he'd probably only be a pinch runner -- but because it would start his arbitration clock and the Tigers would have no hesitancy in bringing him up in future years, possibly next.

Enough caveats and conditional phrases, I know, but still very, very interesting.

;-D

You all just got pwned...

Tulowitzki is already up... No one else on the list is though... Hopefully a few more will be up in the next week or so...

How did we get pwned???? :-? :-?

You guys were critisizing him for making a statement. And it turns out that he could be right. And the above post also proves that there have been guys that made the jump...
[b]Member of the SGMKL[/b]
[b]THE FANTASY GURU[/b]
FantasyGURU802
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby shortsavage » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:54 pm

I'll believe it when I see it.

What's the date on the podcast where you heard this? I wanna hear who said it. I'm a big Fantasy 411 fan, but I wonder why no other souce (that I've come across) has given the possibility of Maybin getting a callup any light.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:56 pm

FantasyGURU802 wrote:
You guys were critisizing him for making a statement. And it turns out that he could be right. And the above post also proves that there have been guys that made the jump...

You consider this statement by me critical???? So far my list is looking pretty dang good. Tulo came up, which I had him pegged as the most likely callup. As far as the other 3, I still don't think they will be called up. With the Reds falling a bit lately in the Wild Card, they have even less of a reason to call up Bailey now. Maybin has been rumored to come up, but I think the Tigers should have a few more guys in AAA that could pinch run instead of calling up their best prospect and getting his clock started this September.

raiders_umpire wrote:I was sort of in the same situation in my dynasty league having a top waiver wire exemption. I definitely needed more offense then I needed pitching, but with the looks of very few September callups to help me, I used my waiver on Garza. I will be shooting myself if Gordon does indeed get the call, but my best estimations I think the best of the bunch have already been called up for this year.

Maybin is very unlikely due to his age and he is still in A ball. I think Detroit is going to take it easy with him considering how well they have played this year.

Tulo is the most likely callup imo of this list.

I have read on a few sites that Bailey would be shut down come the beginning of September.

Wood is a slight possibility, but the Angels do have a few guys at AAA that could help out that would probably get the call before Wood does.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyGURU802 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:02 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
FantasyGURU802 wrote:

You consider this statement by me critical???? So far my list is looking pretty dang good. Tulo came up, which I had him pegged as the most likely callup. As far as the other 3, I still don't think they will be called up. With the Reds falling a bit lately in the Wild Card, they have even less of a reason to call up Bailey now. Maybin has been rumored to come up, but I think the Tigers should have a few more guys in AAA that could pinch run instead of calling up their best prospect and getting his clock started this September.

raiders_umpire wrote:I was sort of in the same situation in my dynasty league having a top waiver wire exemption. I definitely needed more offense then I needed pitching, but with the looks of very few September callups to help me, I used my waiver on Garza. I will be shooting myself if Gordon does indeed get the call, but my best estimations I think the best of the bunch have already been called up for this year.

Maybin is very unlikely due to his age and he is still in A ball. I think Detroit is going to take it easy with him considering how well they have played this year.

Tulo is the most likely callup imo of this list.

I have read on a few sites that Bailey would be shut down come the beginning of September.

Wood is a slight possibility, but the Angels do have a few guys at AAA that could help out that would probably get the call before Wood does.

I'm just saying that you guys jumped all over him because he said that Maybin could come up... Good call on Tulowitzki btw... I'm praying for Bailey or Hughes, (although in doubt)...
[b]Member of the SGMKL[/b]
[b]THE FANTASY GURU[/b]
FantasyGURU802
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball