financial aid question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

financial aid question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

financial aid question

Postby Phatferd » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:35 pm

Here is my situation...

I am signed up for 12 units at ASU and 3 at a local community college because a class I need was full at ASU.

I only want 12 units and am taking a class at ASU that does nothing for my degree its a total filler class with zero value. I changed majors so thats why I got such a late start on selecting classes.

I just took out a 20k loan from citibank to pay for a bunch of crap I need and it requires my school's approval. If I drop 3 units from my ASU units it will bring me to 9 units, which isn't full time. How does this affect my Financial Aid?
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:36 pm

i would think that you would need to remain full-time to keep your financial aid. thats how my school works.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Zito is God » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:00 am

I believe that would drastically reduce your financial aid "needs" thus limiting what you can get from FAFSA + school + etc. I wouldn't do it, changing full-time to part time student status generally screws up any financial aid you may have to at least some degree.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:05 am

Zito is God wrote:I believe that would drastically reduce your financial aid "needs" thus limiting what you can get from FAFSA + school + etc. I wouldn't do it, changing full-time to part time student status generally screws up any financial aid you may have to at least some degree.

yup

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:11 am

from my experience, one semester of being under the unit requirement wont cancel your financial aid. your school has a minimum units required for the whole school year that has to be met. best thing to do is to talk to a financial aid counsler/advisor at your school.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby acsguitar » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:24 am

I'll be excited when i'm 800 years old and I finally pay off my evil student loans..

its like america wants to keep its population stupid
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby sportsguy138 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:42 am

acsguitar wrote:I'll be excited when i'm 800 years old and I finally pay off my evil student loans..

cant wait till i get a loan that i wont be able to payoff even till the time im dead :-t :,-(

govermnment should cover the education.. till im in it anyways ;-D
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 412)

Postby Zito is God » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:23 pm

acsguitar wrote:I'll be excited when i'm 800 years old and I finally pay off my evil student loans..

Yeah, some schools are just insane, I am thinking about Marquette and its like 36,000! San Francisco is 42,000! I figuire once I become a succesful lawyer getting people like acs out of jail for email fraud or something of that sort I can pay them off rather quickly.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby roninmedia » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:05 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:from my experience, one semester of being under the unit requirement wont cancel your financial aid. your school has a minimum units required for the whole school year that has to be met. best thing to do is to talk to a financial aid counsler/advisor at your school.

I concur with the Bitter Dodger Fan. Check with your school. It may count full time student as x credits per semester or per school year.
Last edited by roninmedia on Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roninmedia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Phatferd » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:26 pm

roninmedia wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:from my experience, one semester of being under the unit requirement wont cancel your financial aid. your school has a minimum units required for the whole school year that has to be met. best thing to do is to talk to a financial aid counsler/advisor at your school.

I concur with the Bitter Dodger Fan. CHeck with your school. It may count full time student as x credits per semester of per school year.

The first thing I did was check with my school, but the line Friday was 2 hours long and I haven't been able to reach them by phone for a week.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to General Talk