Bill Hall - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Bill Hall

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bill Hall

Postby Richie Rich » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:12 pm

Thinking about dealing Figgins for Hall and F. Cordero...What's Hall's deal? I see he has been slumping alot lately...Is he really that streaky and inconsistent? Any thoughts are appreciated.
C:Sandoval 1B:Teixeira 2B:Ramirez 3B:Huff SS:Rollins OF:Crawford OF:Markakis OF:Kemp U:Holliday U:Morneau B: Werth DL: Lowell
SP Billingsley Shields Verlander Lackey Romero Hughes
RP Cordero Bell Bailey Francisco
DL Dempster
Richie Rich
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby seniorpaul » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:19 pm

I think part of Billy Hall's problem is that he's swinging for the fences more now than he used to. He's been taking some HUGE swings lately, and not connecting on a lot of them. I don't know if he feels the need to be more of a power hitter now with Lee out of town, but he's never really been a patient hitter. The fact that he's arbitration eligible after this season might be encouraging him to try to put up bigger numbers.
seniorpaul
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Richie Rich » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:54 pm

interesting take...
C:Sandoval 1B:Teixeira 2B:Ramirez 3B:Huff SS:Rollins OF:Crawford OF:Markakis OF:Kemp U:Holliday U:Morneau B: Werth DL: Lowell
DL Dempster
Richie Rich
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby schmidty » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:18 pm

He's been on my one team most of the year ... and he has been really streaky and inconsistent. That "swinging for the fences" theory sounds reasonable to me. He's maddening because he'll sandwich monster games with 0-4, 4 K stinkers. Because of this, he's a bit scary to have in your everyday lineup in H2H. He's a great guy for your bench (with occasional starts where he has a good matchup).
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Richie Rich » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:38 pm

schmidty wrote:He's been on my one team most of the year ... and he has been really streaky and inconsistent. That "swinging for the fences" theory sounds reasonable to me. He's maddening because he'll sandwich monster games with 0-4, 4 K stinkers. Because of this, he's a bit scary to have in your everyday lineup in H2H. He's a great guy for your bench (with occasional starts where he has a good matchup).

well chone has had a bunch of those 0 fors as well...i know he's hot this week, but i had to pull the trigger...guardado is hurt so i really needed f. cordero...cheers to a nice bill hall streak starting tomorrow!!!
DL Dempster
Richie Rich
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazing Oopah » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:49 pm

Only start him against lefties and you'll be getting great production out of him.
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

Postby josebach » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:30 am

He's the fifth ranked player with 2B eligibility. I don't know how you guys can say he's not an every day starter. Sure, he hits lefties better than righties, but he's still hit 18 home runs and has 4 SBs against righties. I don't agree that he's been cold lately either. In the last month, his line is 17 R, 7HR, 16 RBIS, 1 SB and .271 BA.

This guy has earned a spot in my starting line-up and I'm not taking him out. Considering he plays 2B, was one of the last people taken in some drafts and went completely undrafted in some smaller leagues, this guy is definitely a steal.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:49 pm

josebach wrote:He's the fifth ranked player with 2B eligibility. I don't know how you guys can say he's not an every day starter. Sure, he hits lefties better than righties, but he's still hit 18 home runs and has 4 SBs against righties. I don't agree that he's been cold lately either. In the last month, his line is 17 R, 7HR, 16 RBIS, 1 SB and .271 BA.

This guy has earned a spot in my starting line-up and I'm not taking him out. Considering he plays 2B, was one of the last people taken in some drafts and went completely undrafted in some smaller leagues, this guy is definitely a steal.

i agree...i have no idea why there is so much complaining about him...i drafted both him and cano but soon had no use for cano as hall has had a breakout season...he was a great steal for me as well ;-D
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby Young 8 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:36 pm

K K K K K HR K K K K HR K K K K K K K HR K K K K HR K HR K HR K K K K K K K K K K K K HR K K K HR K K K K HR K K K K K HR K K K K K............
Young 8
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:28 pm

He is still an everyday starter in regular 5x5. If you count Ks against, he is more of a spot start. However, he has been much better lately on his plate patience - 10 BBs over the last 10 games compared to 7 Ks. Hopefully he keeps that up so his R and SB totals may start to rise.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates