Has Wright has been stricken by Abreuitis! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Has Wright has been stricken by Abreuitis!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Has Wright has been stricken by Abreuitis!

Postby ronatats » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:24 am

Has Wright caught Abreuitis? I was afraid this might happen. He has lost his power since the All Star Home Run Derby. One home run in his last 100 AB's. If this continues, I hope he at least steals some bases. Does anyone know if he is nursing some kind of injury?

Thanks
Last edited by ronatats on Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ronatats
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Starkmadfan » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:13 am

Maybe its just me, but I'd reword that post heading - I thought I had suddenly lost Wright because of some injury when I saw that :-[
Help me out here? : http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2321827#2321827

Artwork by madaslives911
Starkmadfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby absolut typical » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:08 pm

Ya Wright has had one decent week for me in the last 6 weeks...He is TERRIBLE right now...I mean by far my worst players since the break...I'm gonna have to bench him...Unbelievable
absolut typical
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mcqfesijiba » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:06 pm

Starkmadfan wrote:Maybe its just me, but I'd reword that post heading - I thought I had suddenly lost Wright because of some injury when I saw that :-[
I don't know. I actually like the term "Abreuitis".

I think Wright will be fine. The difference between him and Abreu is that Wright isn't nearing the possible downside of his career like Abreu. The only question is when Wright will get back on track and I don't think anyone can truly answer that. If you ask me, he's still a stud, just stuck in a slightly prolonged slump.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby schmidty » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:14 pm

Starkmadfan wrote:Maybe its just me, but I'd reword that post heading - I thought I had suddenly lost Wright because of some injury when I saw that :-[

The heading is fine. Anyone reading a baseball forum, seeing the term "Abreuitis", and thinks its a real medical disease deserves to get a fright put into them :-b In fact, I think we need more baseball "illnesses" named after players. Just a few possibilities:

"Teixitis" -- When you're a 1st round hitting stud who destroys his fantasy teams by hitting the whole 1st half like a WW-level guy. Even worse, you constant tease your teams by hinting that the turnaround could be around the corner.

"Drew's Syndrome" (also known as "pansyitis") -- When healthy you hit, but a million little things always make you lose PT. Even when healthy, you get frequent days off just so you keep "fresh".

"Colonitis" -- Well, I guess it could also an infected colon. But I'm thinking of something worse -- when Cy Young winners eat a donut store and hurt themselves.

"Gomesitis"/"Sheltonitis" -- This is a bad one, that can cause fantasy managers to get a serious illness of their own if they were foolish enough to "buy high" after the first month.

"Hamels Madness" -- Unlike the others, this is a disease that afflicts fantasy managers. This disease comes in stages. Stage 1: Symptoms are an unhealthy obsession with a guy who had yet to pitch in the majors, to the point of endlessly posting about it and being willing to use any waiver number or drop/trade anyone to get this guy. Stage 2: Depression when said-player fails to live up to the hype (often culminating in a drop). Stage 3: Remorse when the player starts having some good games. Stage 4: Cruelly, this disease is cyclical. Just as the manager comes to grips with their feelings about the player, a new player catchers their attention (ala Garza).
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby activechamp2006 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:23 pm

wrights avg is really the only thing thats been down.. over the past couple months.. no1 should have expected him to keep up the power.. hes good for 4-5 hrs a month, its just his numbers were beefed up because of that huge month.. same with his rbis.. hes a very nice player but hes around a 30-32 home run guy. not 40 like the pace he was going
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby sportsguy138 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:52 pm

schmidty wrote:

The heading is fine. Anyone reading a baseball forum, seeing the term "Abreuitis", and thinks its a real medical disease deserves to get a fright put into them :-b In fact, I think we need more baseball "illnesses" named after players. Just a few possibilities:

"Teixitis" -- When you're a 1st round hitting stud who destroys his fantasy teams by hitting the whole 1st half like a WW-level guy. Even worse, you constant tease your teams by hinting that the turnaround could be around the corner.

"Drew's Syndrome" (also known as "pansyitis") -- When healthy you hit, but a million little things always make you lose PT. Even when healthy, you get frequent days off just so you keep "fresh".

"Colonitis" -- Well, I guess it could also an infected colon. But I'm thinking of something worse -- when Cy Young winners eat a donut store and hurt themselves.

"Gomesitis"/"Sheltonitis" -- This is a bad one, that can cause fantasy managers to get a serious illness of their own if they were foolish enough to "buy high" after the first month.

"Hamels Madness" -- Unlike the others, this is a disease that afflicts fantasy managers. This disease comes in stages. Stage 1: Symptoms are an unhealthy obsession with a guy who had yet to pitch in the majors, to the point of endlessly posting about it and being willing to use any waiver number or drop/trade anyone to get this guy. Stage 2: Depression when said-player fails to live up to the hype (often culminating in a drop). Stage 3: Remorse when the player starts having some good games. Stage 4: Cruelly, this disease is cyclical. Just as the manager comes to grips with their feelings about the player, a new player catchers their attention (ala Garza).

haha, that made me laugh well...

have to give you props for that
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 407)

Postby Tulaneball » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:52 pm

Abreuitis-swelling of the Abreu....now if you really think wright's abreu is swollen, enroll at the nearest community college and take anatomy 101
Tulaneball
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Starkmadfan » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:20 pm

mcqfesijiba wrote:
I don't know. I actually like the term "Abreuitis".

I think Wright will be fine. The difference between him and Abreu is that Wright isn't nearing the possible downside of his career like Abreu. The only question is when Wright will get back on track and I don't think anyone can truly answer that. If you ask me, he's still a stud, just stuck in a slightly prolonged slump.

Actually, "Abreuitis" was added to the title in response to my post- the original title was "Has Wright been stricken" - note the "edited" comment in the original post :-b
Help me out here? : http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2321827#2321827

Artwork by madaslives911
Starkmadfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates