Madden 2007 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Madden 2007

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:37 am

Dislexic Irishman wrote:Ive been playing on all-pro but switched to all-madden. all-pro is way too easy and on all-madden, good recievers drop passes when they're wide open and the gameplay is just a little ridiculus. Games are usually close if I run a lot and use some plays that seem to always work, but its still just not nearly as much fun and way more frustrating than just playing against a live opponent. Also, as I think someone mentioned here earlier, you can always find plays that will beat the computer almost every time and its hard not to go to these plays when you need that first down.

Yeah that was me who said that. Luckily I haven't found any plays like that yet, but I probably will. :-P The thing I hate about the computer is the cheap plays they seem to pull off like Warrick Dunn breaking 10 tackles and breaking it for a 40 yard TD run and stuff.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby EugeneStyles » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:00 am

LooseCannon wrote:I think every Madden game for a few years has barely been better than the predecessor. I personally prefer Madden 2004, which was before Madden went for the NFL Fever player look. I own 2006 and haven't played it that much, so I'm going to stay consistent and buy every other Madden.

Me too. I've noticed that if I play two years' Maddens in a row, I get annoyed by how little they've improved. But when I just buy every other year, a lot of stuff is new to me. Of course, they never change the stuff that I really think is important, but I still like the game.

Anybody remember the trade block feature from... I think it was 2000? It blew the hell out of the current feature. You could put 3 guys on the trading block, then chose 3 positions you were looking for, and then you press start, and then look through like 30 offers from other teams. You could only do it at the start of the season, but it was way better. Why don't they bring that back.

And Superstar mode in 2006 was so crappy, I don't even want to look at it again. God, what a waste of time.

Well, I'll just wait for 2008... Man, I hope they make it for Gamecube... :-o
(taps little picture of a microphone)... is this thing on?
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:30 pm

EugeneStyles wrote:
LooseCannon wrote:I think every Madden game for a few years has barely been better than the predecessor. I personally prefer Madden 2004, which was before Madden went for the NFL Fever player look. I own 2006 and haven't played it that much, so I'm going to stay consistent and buy every other Madden.

Me too. I've noticed that if I play two years' Maddens in a row, I get annoyed by how little they've improved. But when I just buy every other year, a lot of stuff is new to me. Of course, they never change the stuff that I really think is important, but I still like the game.

Anybody remember the trade block feature from... I think it was 2000? It blew the hell out of the current feature. You could put 3 guys on the trading block, then chose 3 positions you were looking for, and then you press start, and then look through like 30 offers from other teams. You could only do it at the start of the season, but it was way better. Why don't they bring that back.

And Superstar mode in 2006 was so crappy, I don't even want to look at it again. God, what a waste of time.

Well, I'll just wait for 2008... Man, I hope they make it for Gamecube... :-o

They still have a trading block, that I found was the same as the one I used to like in 2004. You can also look through what other teams have on the block.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Porehussla12 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:59 pm

The game would be much better if you could get drafted in the first round, but then again, you've never actually played in College. Superstar mode needs a lot more work. It's still not as good as it could be. I would expect you to be able to do off-field things soon enough and not the same thing all the time. You always get two interviews, and 4 workouts, the same thing all the time. The highest I've been drafted was in the second round by the Browns, when I was a damn 90 Overall.
Porehussla12
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:08 am

anyone have ncaa 07? how does it compare to madden? not in terms of better or worse, just how similar...i already own madden but i usually always enjoy playing ncaa too...does it warrant a buy?

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kingctb27 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:59 pm

Anyone wanna play Madden 07 on 360 tonight?
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:28 pm

Anyone have constant fumbling problems when playing on All-Pro level (could be All-Madden too, I haven't tried it yet). Basically during a game I'll fumble at least three times, if not more. It just seems like it's happening way to often...
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby EugeneStyles » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:44 am

teddy ballgame wrote:They still have a trading block, that I found was the same as the one I used to like in 2004. You can also look through what other teams have on the block.

Yeah, my point was, the trading block they used to have blows the hell out of the one they currently have. For one thing, way fewer offers are made, and only ones that match what you put in (in the old one, teams would offer a few odd ball trades - either someone you didn't know you wanted for one of your guys on the block, or a position that you wanted in exchange for a guy you didn't have on the block). The old one ended up offering a lot more trades for you to look through, and was available in the offseason. The current one (at least in 2006) is available during the season as well, but you get way fewer offers, and I was hoping that once you put a guy on the blocks, teams would randomly send you offers as weeks went by, but you have to go back to the block and select the deal again before you can see any new offers.
(taps little picture of a microphone)... is this thing on?
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:44 am

Well I figured out a big key that makes it really easy to run. If you select the center as your lead blocker, and knock over the DT lined up right in front of him, it opens up a huge hole a lot of the time. I had 200 yards on 8 rushes (1 was an 80 yd TD run) with Warrick Dunn on All-Madden doing this. !+)
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:30 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:Well I figured out a big key that makes it really easy to run. If you select the center as your lead blocker, and knock over the DT lined up right in front of him, it opens up a huge hole a lot of the time. I had 200 yards on 8 rushes (1 was an 80 yd TD run) with Warrick Dunn on All-Madden doing this. !+)

is that a good thing or a bad thing?....i always HATE finding the flaws/fluky things in the game.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games