100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Madden 2007

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:29 pm

avsfan4ever33 wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:
avsfan4ever33 wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:I've only played the franchise mode and I'm not really impressed so far. It just seems to me like it's a lot of the same stuff. Hopefully it'll change my mind when I do Superstar mode.

What's kind of cool and annoying at the same time about Superstar mode is you actually see through the players "eyes", so you're right at field level, not the normal camera view. I'm sure there's way to turn it off though.

I was told that you don't control the QB, true? :-?

Do you mean if you aren't a QB as your posistion? I would think so... but I've only done one Superstar mode and I am a QB.

that is correct...started one with a WR and its VERY nice. a few bad aspects are that the CPU playcalling bites and the cpu qb play is pretty terrible too. but its a VERY cool aspect.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:03 am

My brother was ranting to me about it for 360 earlier today -- and I'm contemplating buying a 360 now, with my recent purchase of my HDTV... :-?

So, current gen. isn't all that exciting, eh? I wasn't a huge fan of 06, nor have I been of Madden for quite a bit now. I feel like I've been playing the same engine since 1995 sometimes...

One game I'm getting amped up for is NBA Live 07... even current gen. there, while not seeing huge graphical upgrades, has gotten a huge gameplay bump, from videos I've seen. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby Dislexic Irishman » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:14 am

I have 06 and haven't played it for months, but I still buy 07 just because its "Madden" and I have every other copy from the past 8 years or so. First, I start a new Superstar mode as a WR. Of course, I spend 10 minutes pressing circle until my dad becomes a Hall of Fame WR and my mom a professional softball player. This results in my overall rating of an 89 and me being the #1 WR on the 49ers. I play one game and don't get a single pass thrown to me even while wide open waving a single hand in the air like a dork. I deleted that file, and I probably won't play this again for a while. Sure, I'll play the occasional game with a friend, but most likely at their house with their copy of the game. So basically, I wasted $50 on a game that I'm sure is good but that I probably just won't play. And for whatever reason, I decided to let you guys know all about it.
Dislexic Irishman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:53 am

bigh0rt wrote:
One game I'm getting amped up for is NBA Live 07... even current gen. there, while not seeing huge graphical upgrades, has gotten a huge gameplay bump, from videos I've seen. ;-D

i sure hope so...i used to love nba live up to about 2002ish..after that, i havent really enjoyed it too much with the arcade-ish style of play and terrible gameplay...although ive never been a fan of the 2k series either, so i havent really had a good NBA option for awhile...

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:25 am

bigh0rt wrote:My brother was ranting to me about it for 360 earlier today -- and I'm contemplating buying a 360 now, with my recent purchase of my HDTV... :-?

So, current gen. isn't all that exciting, eh? I wasn't a huge fan of 06, nor have I been of Madden for quite a bit now. I feel like I've been playing the same engine since 1995 sometimes...

To be honest, the gameplay on Madden for 360 is a few years behind the current gen ones. There are a few plays that work every time, which is kind of boring because I can just run that play if I want to score. The defense is pretty lame too. The improvements made in Madden '05 are non existant - except the hit stick. There's no way to stop a Mike Vick or McNabb because they still haven't added defensive playmakers to the 360 version. Obviously the graphics are amazing though, and it's still a good game...just not as good as they could be.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Porehussla12 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:00 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:What are the Giants' ratings?

Strahan is a 97, Umenyiora is a 90, Manning an 88, Barber a 95, Burress a 90, Moss a 79.

The superstar mode is great. I like that you can only control your guy. The only problem I have is not being able to get drafted in the first round and it's tough to get any passes thrown your way.
Porehussla12
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:05 pm

Porehussla12 wrote:
MMoNeY24 wrote:What are the Giants' ratings?

Strahan is a 97, Umenyiora is a 90, Manning an 88, Barber a 95, Burress a 90, Moss a 79.

The superstar mode is great. I like that you can only control your guy. The only problem I have is not being able to get drafted in the first round and it's tough to get any passes thrown your way.

I think he means overall team ratings. ;-)

OVR 88
OFF 94
DEF 80
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dislexic Irishman » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:18 pm

I played sort of a mini-tournament with a couple of buddies yesterday, and I really like this game. The Redskins are a real nice team in the game. I still really really don't like playiing the computer though. Its actually kind of ridiculus how bad the computer is. Fun game online or with friends though.
Dislexic Irishman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:19 pm

Dislexic Irishman wrote:I played sort of a mini-tournament with a couple of buddies yesterday, and I really like this game. The Redskins are a real nice team in the game. I still really really don't like playiing the computer though. Its actually kind of ridiculus how bad the computer is. Fun game online or with friends though.

What level do you play on vs. the computer? A lot of my games go down to the wire on All-Madden. Of course, that wouldn't be the case if they didn't score on cheap ()&&%^ plays every time they have the ball.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dislexic Irishman » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:00 am

Ive been playing on all-pro but switched to all-madden. all-pro is way too easy and on all-madden, good recievers drop passes when they're wide open and the gameplay is just a little ridiculus. Games are usually close if I run a lot and use some plays that seem to always work, but its still just not nearly as much fun and way more frustrating than just playing against a live opponent. Also, as I think someone mentioned here earlier, you can always find plays that will beat the computer almost every time and its hard not to go to these plays when you need that first down.
Dislexic Irishman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games