ONLY Myspace bulletin worth posting (for ages 14-30) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

ONLY Myspace bulletin worth posting (for ages 14-30)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:43 pm

Power Rangers got big when I was just heading to high school, so I wasn't into it... but, considering my age, I would sometimes watch just to see the Pink Ranger too.

In health class we watched a cheesy movie about bulemia starring the pink ranger as a scarf-and-barfing gymnast (how original) with the boyfriend who doesn't understand and of course it was like she was on drugs and had all kinds of problems, but to be honest, if I had the choice between dating an anorexic or a bulemic, I'd totally go with the anorexic... not only would the dates be cheaper, but with the bulemic, you know where that $40 lobster is going. What a waste!

Have I mentioned this before, I've given it a lot of thought... am I being insensitive?
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:01 pm

Nothing can top Nickelodeon in the mid 90's. The golden age of kids television. Are You Afraid of the Dark, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Wild and Crazy Kids, Global Guts, Salute Your Shorts, Double Dare...I could go on forever. SNICK as someone mentioned was awesome too. ;-D
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:05 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:Nothing can top Nickelodeon in the mid 90's. The golden age of kids television. Are You Afraid of the Dark, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Wild and Crazy Kids, Global Guts, Salute Your Shorts, Double Dare...I could go on forever. SNICK as someone mentioned was awesome too. ;-D

Oh yeah, I remember Double Dare. I liked that game show when I was 7 or 8.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby JTWood » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:06 pm

Hey, thanks for updating the thread title!

;-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Tavish » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:12 pm

I knew I would forget one:

Nitro, Zap, Thunder, Turbo, Titan, Diamond, Gold, and Ice with Joe Theisman and Mike Adamlee calling all the action in the different Arenas. Assault, Breakthrough and Conquer, Human Cannonball, Joust, Powerball, and The Eliminator.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby luckygehrig » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:10 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:Nothing can top Nickelodeon in the mid 90's. The golden age of kids television. Are You Afraid of the Dark, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Wild and Crazy Kids, Global Guts, Salute Your Shorts, Double Dare...I could go on forever. SNICK as someone mentioned was awesome too. ;-D

I remember most of those. Also Pete & Pete anyone?
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:17 pm

luckygehrig wrote:

I remember most of those. Also Pete & Pete anyone?

What a dumb show...

And I LOVED it...

Side note, a few years go there were these Ameritrade commercials featuring a goofy looking office employee named "Stuart" who was played by the older Pete.

"Let's light this candle."

In the commericial, Stuart helps the boss buy K-Mart stock on Ameritrade.com.... BIG MISTAKE STUART!
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Old_Style » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:35 pm

speaking of television shows from the 90's, i remember watching pee-wee's playhouse as a kid about 15 years ago. i was flipping through the channels recently and came to adult swim on cartoon network and pee-wee's playhouse was on.....paul reubens most have been on crack during the writing, production, and filming of this show along with all of the other people involved....needless to say i'm still entertained by the show. ;-D
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Field » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:11 pm

Most of these shows are still on the GAS network. Games and Sports network, I get it on digital cable from COX. My buddy and I use to watch the GAS network everyday in the afternoon and marvel. Go Silver Monkeys!
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:55 pm

pete and pete was DA BOMB!

artie was the best. "THE STRONGEST MAN IN THE WORLD!!!"
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter