Stoneman should be fired... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Stoneman should be fired...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Stoneman should be fired...

Postby dc928 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:57 pm

I have this conversation with my friends last night. Stoneman's inability to trade for a bat probably cost Angels a playoff berth. I mean he could have get Abreu for dirt, he could have get C Lee, Betmit, Huff, or even Craig Wilson. Instead he chooses to stand pat. Angels are so close to be a good team and you would have figured that with all the talents they have in the minors he could have gone out and make a deal to help the Angels. Abreu for example would have made a lot of sense for the Angels. Yes, he did lost his power strokes but he is a good Avg, OBP guy with good speed. He is perfect for this Angel lineup. Even if the Angels has to pick up his 3rd year option. He is still a cheaper option if they have to sign another big name FA, like Lee or Sorieno. Even if he didn't want to pay all these money or talent to get a big name guy. He could have get serviceable guys like Huff, Wilson or Betmit. Look at the Dodgers they went out there and make several trades and gives the team a instant boost.

As an Angels / Dodgers Fan I am happy for the Dodgers but I am just extremely frustrated at Stoneman. I mean if he is half as good as Ned Coltti, Angels would have been on top of the AL West now.

:-t
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:48 pm

since nothing you said here has made any sense, I think this should probably go into the venting section. :-o
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby wrveres » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:51 pm

BTW, have you heard about this Tampa Bay conspiracy?
Apparently, the Tampa Bay front office has bought out the Media in that area, so that they will only publish nice stories about the organization and mean stories about Delmon Young. All so that they won't have to pay Delmon a prorated share of 320,000 this year and start his arbitration clock ..

. aint that something?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Return to Baseball Leftovers