Serial arsonist in my neighborhood - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Serial arsonist in my neighborhood

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:43 pm

i recently had some terrible experience with inner city cops. i live in philadelphia and unless something big happens, i.e. murder, rape, etc...no body cares. corner stores get robbed, people get held up, houses get broken into, etc.. and they dont care. AND i live in a fairly nice section of the city. a few weeks back, someone hit my parked car and fled the scene. a few people told me the guys car and i actually found it. i called the police and while i waited about 3 hours, the guy fled in the car. i had a friend follow the guy but he actually left the city limits and was goin over 100 mph... needless to say, the police took forever to arrive and were ZERO help even tho i knew the car, the address and the license plate of the car... luckily i had a friend of a friend actually in the police district where i was and he took care of it for me. but if he didnt, what would have happened??? i would have been out of alot of money. a fellow co-worker of mine had her house broken into. she left the house at 10:30 pm and came back at 11:15 and the front door was kicked in and when she called police, it took them over an hour to arrive. THE GUY COULDA STILL BEEN INSIDE THE HOUSE in the short while she was gone. its just living in a big city. you gotta take this all in stride and just hope nothing happens to you, because the police surely wont do much.

i dont really have any advice to you johnsamo, except keep an eye out on your own car or maybe stake out this guy or somethin. theres no way the police are going to go through the whole process of letting you identify the guy. thats too much work on their own part. it sucks, but you sorta need to take this into your own hands..
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:54 pm

the fireman think johnsamo did it..
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:05 pm

Madison wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:Where in L.A. is this? :-?

:-b You're next.


Thanks for the reminder, Goldberg. :-b


:-b :-b :-b

Heard he signed a deal and might wind up on TNA Wrestling. :-)


:-t Great, there's a jobber for Samoa Joe to pair up with. }:-)

Yeah, it sounds like Hollywood alright, but I'm a South Bay kid and so I don't know my Hollywood all that well. Ah, good old boring, tranquil South Bay. No suspected serial arsonists of any kind here. B-)
Image

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21947
(Past Year: 670)
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Downloading rice

Postby acsguitar » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:35 pm

Hopefully these aren't nihlists were dealing with dude
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby johnsamo » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:52 pm

I know, I need a Walter and a Donny and a few J's to solve this case... Lot of ins and outs.... At least my rug is okay and I still have my Credence. Actually Donnie wasn't much help, but a Walter would definitely come in handy. He's the kind of guy who'd do a stakeout.

Seriously though, I finally got a hold of an arson investigator and he took all my info down, so the ball is in their court now. The Dude is in 3rd place and has a good shot at the title, don't need this distraction anymore.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1826
Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Los Angeles

Postby johnsamo » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:58 pm

Snake, I know what you mean about big city cops not caring about small crimes...

10 years or so ago, my sister gets taken for about $5,000 in credit card theft, and just by what she thought was coincidence, she couldn't find her corldless phone. A week or so later, I'm in Chicago for a few months helping her out with some construction on her business. And she gets her phone bill and asks if I've been calling 1-900 #s, and I was like? So we checked the dates on the charges, and we realized it was while she was out of town and before I came to visit....

So now the Dude is on the case, I figure out that while she was out of town the fraudulent credit card charges coincided with these 1-900 calls, so I call the phone company, and as it turns out, there were a lot of calls made on her phone when she was out of town.

Long story short, we figured out that a guy who'd just moved in next door stole her phone and because it was cordless and his place was close enough to hers, he was using it as his phone for a week or so to call his Mom, his girlfriend, his job, the 1-900 #s, and thus, he probably almost certainly did the credit card theft as well, and to top it off, we told the landlord below us and he freaked out because he had a break in and some credit card theft at the same time. He was ready to kick this guy's that second, but we basically restrained him and said, "let's call the police first"

So I call the police, lay out all the evidence to the robbery detective... and the first thing he asks is, "Does my sister do drugs?" And I'm like? She has an MBA from Harvard for crying out loud, she ain't a crack whore... I worded it a little different, but I said no, she doesn't do drugs... Then he asks if we have a grudge against the guy, and I said he just moved in, I've only seen the guy once.... and then he goes, "well, all you really have on him is possession of stolen property, the phone, and he could've found it outside or something, And he hasn't made any calls in the past few weeks, so there really isn't much we can do."

And I'm like Dude, I just handed you a near air tight circumstantial case without even looking into the bank connection (The money was taken from an ATM)...

Anyway, the landlord hears about what the police said, he goes ballistic, and the next day, he beat the crap out of the guy and dares him to call the police (which he didn't) and the guys job was at Fed Ex, not exactly a place you want a thief working at, and he called them and got him fired, so the guy definitely paid for it, but no thanks to the cops.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1826
Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Los Angeles

Postby acsguitar » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:11 pm

johnsamo wrote:Snake, I know what you mean about big city cops not caring about small crimes...

10 years or so ago, my sister gets taken for about $5,000 in credit card theft, and just by what she thought was coincidence, she couldn't find her corldless phone. A week or so later, I'm in Chicago for a few months helping her out with some construction on her business. And she gets her phone bill and asks if I've been calling 1-900 #s, and I was like? So we checked the dates on the charges, and we realized it was while she was out of town and before I came to visit....

So now the Dude is on the case, I figure out that while she was out of town the fraudulent credit card charges coincided with these 1-900 calls, so I call the phone company, and as it turns out, there were a lot of calls made on her phone when she was out of town.

Long story short, we figured out that a guy who'd just moved in next door stole her phone and because it was cordless and his place was close enough to hers, he was using it as his phone for a week or so to call his Mom, his girlfriend, his job, the 1-900 #s, and thus, he probably almost certainly did the credit card theft as well, and to top it off, we told the landlord below us and he freaked out because he had a break in and some credit card theft at the same time. He was ready to kick this guy's that second, but we basically restrained him and said, "let's call the police first"

So I call the police, lay out all the evidence to the robbery detective... and the first thing he asks is, "Does my sister do drugs?" And I'm like? She has an MBA from Harvard for crying out loud, she ain't a crack whore... I worded it a little different, but I said no, she doesn't do drugs... Then he asks if we have a grudge against the guy, and I said he just moved in, I've only seen the guy once.... and then he goes, "well, all you really have on him is possession of stolen property, the phone, and he could've found it outside or something, And he hasn't made any calls in the past few weeks, so there really isn't much we can do."

And I'm like Dude, I just handed you a near air tight circumstantial case without even looking into the bank connection (The money was taken from an ATM)...

Anyway, the landlord hears about what the police said, he goes ballistic, and the next day, he beat the crap out of the guy and dares him to call the police (which he didn't) and the guys job was at Fed Ex, not exactly a place you want a thief working at, and he called them and got him fired, so the guy definitely paid for it, but no thanks to the cops.


Thats what you get when you **** a stranger ***************
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:11 am

johnsamo wrote:Snake, I know what you mean about big city cops not caring about small crimes...

10 years or so ago, my sister gets taken for about $5,000 in credit card theft, and just by what she thought was coincidence, she couldn't find her corldless phone. A week or so later, I'm in Chicago for a few months helping her out with some construction on her business. And she gets her phone bill and asks if I've been calling 1-900 #s, and I was like? So we checked the dates on the charges, and we realized it was while she was out of town and before I came to visit....

So now the Dude is on the case, I figure out that while she was out of town the fraudulent credit card charges coincided with these 1-900 calls, so I call the phone company, and as it turns out, there were a lot of calls made on her phone when she was out of town.

Long story short, we figured out that a guy who'd just moved in next door stole her phone and because it was cordless and his place was close enough to hers, he was using it as his phone for a week or so to call his Mom, his girlfriend, his job, the 1-900 #s, and thus, he probably almost certainly did the credit card theft as well, and to top it off, we told the landlord below us and he freaked out because he had a break in and some credit card theft at the same time. He was ready to kick this guy's that second, but we basically restrained him and said, "let's call the police first"

So I call the police, lay out all the evidence to the robbery detective... and the first thing he asks is, "Does my sister do drugs?" And I'm like? She has an MBA from Harvard for crying out loud, she ain't a crack whore... I worded it a little different, but I said no, she doesn't do drugs... Then he asks if we have a grudge against the guy, and I said he just moved in, I've only seen the guy once.... and then he goes, "well, all you really have on him is possession of stolen property, the phone, and he could've found it outside or something, And he hasn't made any calls in the past few weeks, so there really isn't much we can do."

And I'm like Dude, I just handed you a near air tight circumstantial case without even looking into the bank connection (The money was taken from an ATM)...

Anyway, the landlord hears about what the police said, he goes ballistic, and the next day, he beat the crap out of the guy and dares him to call the police (which he didn't) and the guys job was at Fed Ex, not exactly a place you want a thief working at, and he called them and got him fired, so the guy definitely paid for it, but no thanks to the cops.


wow....i dont understand it. i guess they always feel like they got better things to do ;-7 :-[
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Postby duckmonkey » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:04 am

Buy a gun. I'm serious.

Practice at the range a lot too. Get good enough so you can knock these creeps down without killing them, so they can feel the pain and think about what they've done while Bubba eyes them up in the can.
duckmonkey
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 268
Joined: 11 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:42 pm

duckmonkey wrote:Buy a gun. I'm serious.

Practice at the range a lot too. Get good enough so you can knock these creeps down without killing them, so they can feel the pain and think about what they've done while Bubba eyes them up in the can.


Are you serious?

If someone buys a gun and starts shooting people who he thinks are committing a crime, the perceived criminal wont be the one dealing with Bubba.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5265
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact