Yankee $tatium Ground Breaking at 11:34 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yankee $tatium Ground Breaking at 11:34

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yankee $tatium Ground Breaking at 11:34

Postby djack909 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:14 pm

turn the time over as it would appear on a digital clock ( 11:34 ) and you will see where I hope they end up.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby giants! » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:25 pm

I was actually given a special invite but I didnt go.
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Yankee $tatium Ground Breaking at 11:34

Postby noseeum » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:57 pm

djack909 wrote:turn the time over as it would appear on a digital clock ( 11:34 ) and you will see where I hope they end up.

Looks like the original stadium feels the same way you do:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ase/060816

LOL.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby duckmonkey » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:42 pm

"There's no pleasing people like you, is there?" Yankee Stadium said. "I hate when all you bleeding-heart, limp-wristed, tax-raising, Clinton-voting, freedom-hating tree huggers moan that public money should be spent on schools and libraries instead of stadiums. You're seeing it all wrong --- as usual. You're not just building a stadium for one owner. You're building a tourist attraction for the whole city. Folks come to New York and they wanna see four things. The Statue of Liberty. The Empire State Building. The Rockettes. And me. I sure as hell ain't never heard one tell a cabbie, 'Hey, take me to P.S. 173! I gotta check out those classrooms!'

;-D I love Yankee Staduim! :-D
duckmonkey
College Coach
College Coach

Postby 1337_Dude » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:46 pm

djack909 wrote:turn the time over as it would appear on a digital clock ( 11:34 ) and you will see where I hope they end up.

Why on earth would you be mad that the Yankees are getting a new stadium?
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:53 pm

1337_Dude wrote:

Why on earth would you be mad that the Yankees are getting a new stadium?

I don't think it has anything to do with the stadium, he just doesn't like the Yankees period.

I could be wrong though. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mikhayl » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:00 pm

duckmonkey wrote:
"There's no pleasing people like you, is there?" Yankee Stadium said. "I hate when all you bleeding-heart, limp-wristed, tax-raising, Clinton-voting, freedom-hating tree huggers moan that public money should be spent on schools and libraries instead of stadiums. You're seeing it all wrong --- as usual. You're not just building a stadium for one owner. You're building a tourist attraction for the whole city. Folks come to New York and they wanna see four things. The Statue of Liberty. The Empire State Building. The Rockettes. And me. I sure as hell ain't never heard one tell a cabbie, 'Hey, take me to P.S. 173! I gotta check out those classrooms!'

;-D I love Yankee Staduim! :-D

Two things there, Yankee Stadium. New York City doesn't need to attract more tourists. It wouldn't hurt, but we have a highly developed and stratified economy. The fact that midwestern fatties (read tourists) care so much about the frigging Rockettes and the Empire State Building is reason enough not to give any weight at all to their input.

Tourists are not going to flock to the Bronx even if the new stadium's made of gold. There's a lot of awesome stuff in the Bronx but until the borough sees a massive investment in their infrastructure and it's cleaned up, no one's going to spend tourism dollars there. Hell, I don't even like taking my girlfriend to the few Bronx neighborhoods that I've visited.
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tavish » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:07 pm

noseeum wrote:

LOL.

The point of the article is exactly why I hate the Yankees getting a new stadium. One less link to baseball's history will be around in 2009. I think in honor of George demolishing one of the most historic venues in sports history I'm going to refuse to call the new stadium anything other than "The House that Melky Cabrera Built".

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby noseeum » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:11 pm

Tavish wrote:
noseeum wrote:

LOL.

The point of the article is exactly why I hate the Yankees getting a new stadium. One less link to baseball's history will be around in 2009. I think in honor of George demolishing one of the most historic venues in sports history I'm going to refuse to call the new stadium anything other than "The House that Melky Cabrera Built".

Time marches on, man. Yankee stadium has a gorgeous facade, but those old stadiums suck in terms of seats, bathrooms, and vending. Yankee Stadium had it's day, and it will never be forgotten, but there will be plenty of history to be made in the new one. Fans deserve a more comfortable experience. Seats will be closer to the field, which is awesome.

I love it.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Tavish » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:17 pm

noseeum wrote:
Tavish wrote:
noseeum wrote:

LOL.

Time marches on, man. Yankee stadium has a gorgeous facade, but those old stadiums suck in terms of seats, bathrooms, and vending. Yankee Stadium had it's day, and it will never be forgotten, but there will be plenty of history to be made in the new one. Fans deserve a more comfortable experience. Seats will be closer to the field, which is awesome.

I love it.

I bet George could by nice cushions for every one of the seats for $1.1 billion dollars.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers