lance berkman - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

lance berkman

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

lance berkman

Postby bigmoney » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:34 am

Updating a previous item, The Houston Chronicle's Jose De Jesus Ortiz is reporting Houston Astros OF Lance Berkman (groin) now believes his left groin won't be well enough for him to play the outfield at least until the Astros begin their next road trip on Aug. 17. "I wouldn't imagine I'd be able to play the outfield until we go back on the road," he said. "It's still about 90 percent. I don't want to play the outfield until Oct. 2. It's too much running.

just to clarify, if berkman plays at 1B, he'll stay in the lineup, right? if the astros fall out of playoff contention, would they start resting berkman because of his groin injury?
bigmoney
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: lance berkman

Postby KTM » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:39 pm

bigmoney wrote:
Updating a previous item, The Houston Chronicle's Jose De Jesus Ortiz is reporting Houston Astros OF Lance Berkman (groin) now believes his left groin won't be well enough for him to play the outfield at least until the Astros begin their next road trip on Aug. 17. "I wouldn't imagine I'd be able to play the outfield until we go back on the road," he said. "It's still about 90 percent. I don't want to play the outfield until Oct. 2. It's too much running.

just to clarify, if berkman plays at 1B, he'll stay in the lineup, right? if the astros fall out of playoff contention, would they start resting berkman because of his groin injury?

Berkman has to stay in. He's the whole team!

If they fall out of contention I would imagine he might see less playing time, but I doubt they would shut him down. It's just a groin so not career ending or anything. I have Berkman too. I'd miss him if he were out.
KTM
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigmoney » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:50 pm

i didn't mean shut him down. even if he plays 80% of the games later on, his value would drop significantly
bigmoney
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:01 pm

he has played mostly 1b the whole season anyway...this doesnt really mean much. with the acquistion of huff, berkman will continue to play 3b with ensberg playing 3b and huff in rf. luke scott has been playing lf, but mike lamb will also steal some abs as well...dont worry about berkman, unless he cant play 1b. ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Injuries & Player Updates