Delmon might be called up today! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Delmon might be called up today!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Delmon might be called up today!

Postby rozzz5 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:21 am

From espn

The Devil Rays might call up Young, perhaps as soon as Wednesday, if Greg Norton's hamstring strain prevents him from returning to the lineup quickly.

Norton had to leave Tuesday's game due to his hamstring injury. There's no official word on Young's potential promotion from either the Rays or their Triple-A Durham affiliate, and the Rays might not even need a replacement for Norton if he looks good after being re-evaluated on Wednesday. However, if Norton is going to be out for any length of time, the Rays will need to backfill him in the lineup. Given the fact that Norton was playing right field and had moved into a heart-of-the-order spot for the Rays (Norton actually batted cleanup on Tuesday), and given the earlier rumors that the Rays were going to call up Young in September, it's not much of a stretch to presume the Rays might call up Young a couple of weeks early if needed. Those in keeper leagues should check the transaction wire on Wednesday, just in case. Young went 2-for-5 with an RBI double on Tuesday to raise his Triple-A batting line to .328/.351/.491 for the season, with seven homers and 52 RBI in 73 games and a 54-to
rozzz5
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby thomasps3 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:01 pm

my roto league says NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want to have to activate him until September 1 so this year doesn't count against his length of contract!
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

Postby houstonoilers » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:35 pm

no news is bad news for me
houstonoilers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mcd285 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:49 pm

good stuff. should i pick him up now or hold off? people in my league are pretty quick to add players.
mcd285
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Prooks25 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:25 pm

mcd285 wrote:good stuff. should i pick him up now or hold off? people in my league are pretty quick to add players.

Keeper league? Pick him up right now. Non-keeper? Don't bother, he might not be very good this year.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Y`s Guy » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:09 pm

WHoa.

I just took the time to crush eight chicken leg bones in a mortar and pestle. I also added asshes from a burned kitten as well as dried dermis of salamander.

Then I scattered this mixture of dust out on my desk and wrote 'Greg Norton' within it.

Please be hurt Greg Norton. I just need Delmon active for one day in order for him to be kept.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 277)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby Prooks25 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:12 pm

Y`s Guy wrote:WHoa.

I just took the time to crush eight chicken leg bones in a mortar and pestle. I also added asshes from a burned kitten as well as dried dermis of salamander.

Then I scattered this mixture of dust out on my desk and wrote 'Greg Norton' within it.

Please be hurt Greg Norton. I just need Delmon active for one day in order for him to be kept.

He's not getting called up, Tampa refuses to call him up. They had the GM on local Tampa radio before and he said they have more "deserving" players in the minors who would be called up. And they dont even think Delmon will be called up in September.

Tampa should really just trade Delmon now while his stock is so high, because he's gonna end up going off the deep end if they keep jerking him around.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby noseeum » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:39 pm

Prooks25 wrote:He's not getting called up, Tampa refuses to call him up. They had the GM on local Tampa radio before and he said they have more "deserving" players in the minors who would be called up. And they dont even think Delmon will be called up in September.

Tampa should really just trade Delmon now while his stock is so high, because he's gonna end up going off the deep end if they keep jerking him around.

If this is true, than the Rays' front office is a joke. Play him or trade him, but this in between BS for two years is a disservice to Young and to D-Rays fans. A couple of week's delay for his outburst, which he did say sorry about in the middle of, was fine, but to hold his entire career hostage for yet another year is a total joke. Is this a nursery school with a "naughty corner" or is it professional baseball?
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Prooks25 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:47 pm

noseeum wrote:
Prooks25 wrote:He's not getting called up, Tampa refuses to call him up. They had the GM on local Tampa radio before and he said they have more "deserving" players in the minors who would be called up. And they dont even think Delmon will be called up in September.

If this is true, than the Rays' front office is a joke. Play him or trade him, but this in between BS for two years is a disservice to Young and to D-Rays fans. A couple of week's delay for his outburst, which he did say sorry about in the middle of, was fine, but to hold his entire career hostage for yet another year is a total joke. Is this a nursery school with a "naughty corner" or is it professional baseball?

They're too damn cheap to start his clock, cause they know they wont be able to resign him. This organization really should be contracted. It's a joke.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Thursday » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:58 pm

Prooks25 wrote:
noseeum wrote:

They're too damn cheap to start his clock, cause they know they wont be able to resign him. This organization really should be contracted. It's a joke.

Agreed. If you ain't gonna start him, trade him for value. I really hate the D-Rays for this one.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers