Polanco may be out for year - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Polanco may be out for year

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Polanco may be out for year

Postby bartoates » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:54 am

For those of you in deep leagues with MI, CI and UTIL slots.

Tests confirmed that Placido Polanco separated his shoulder making a catch on Tuesday, and manager Jim Leyland said he'd go on the disabled list.
Ivan Rodriguez said that Polanco is out for the year, but that's nothing the Tigers were interested in confirming tonight. Omar Infante will take over as Detroit's second baseman for now, but since he's still not hitting like he did two years ago, the club could look elsewhere for help. Jose Vidro, Ray Durham, Mark Grudzielanek and Neifi Perez are among the second baseman possibly available in waiver deals.Aug. 15 - 11:56 p.m. ET
bartoates
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Polanco may be out for year

Postby hayseed » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:12 am

bartoates wrote:For those of you in deep leagues with MI, CI and UTIL slots.

Tests confirmed that Placido Polanco separated his shoulder making a catch on Tuesday, and manager Jim Leyland said he'd go on the disabled list.
Ivan Rodriguez said that Polanco is out for the year, but that's nothing the Tigers were interested in confirming tonight. Omar Infante will take over as Detroit's second baseman for now, but since he's still not hitting like he did two years ago, the club could look elsewhere for help. Jose Vidro, Ray Durham, Mark Grudzielanek and Neifi Perez are among the second baseman possibly available in waiver deals.Aug. 15 - 11:56 p.m. ET

Damn, polanco was a pretty reliable MI in my 30 teamer...
hayseed
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby bigmoney » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:57 am

wow, 30 team league? are there even any free agents?
bigmoney
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigmoney » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:57 am

wow, 30 team league? are there even any free agents?
bigmoney
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hayseed » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:23 am

bigmoney wrote:wow, 30 team league? are there even any free agents?

haha, not really. its basically real MLB.
hayseed
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby CBV » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:45 am

hayseed wrote:
bigmoney wrote:wow, 30 team league? are there even any free agents?

haha, not really. its basically real MLB.

wow, i have always wanted to try something like that. what is the buy in and how much money is 1st place? is it roto or h2h? keeper?

winning a league like that would be the ultimate prize in fantasy managing ;-D
Vaughn: What's that sh*t on your chest?

Harris: Crisco, Bardol, Vagisil. Any one of them will give you another two to three inches drop on your curve ball.

Crisco Bardol Vagisil
CBV
College Coach
College Coach

Location: Home of 2005 World Series Champs! Beverly-South Side Chicago * GO SOX *

Postby Dannomyte » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:38 pm

X-rays show Polanco's shoulder isn't broken

Injured Tigers second baseman Placido Polanco got some good news Wednesday morning. His left shoulder isn't broken.

That's as far as the good news goes, so far.

Polanco suffered a separated left shoulder in the seventh inning of the Tigers' 3-2 victory over the Red Sox on Tuesday night at Fenway Park. He has been placed on the 15-day disabled list. Infielder Ramon Santiago was recalled from Toledo to take his place on the roster, and at this point, it appears that Omar Infante will inherit the bulk of the playing time at second base.

X-rays on Polanco's shoulder Wednesday showed there is no fracture, but there is no timeline for the amount of time he'll miss, or if he's out for the rest of the season.

He will be examined by Tigers team physicians Thursday, after the Tigers return from Boston, at which time a more definitive outlook will be determined.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... /608160434

I still can't believe he held on to the ball after hurting himself.
Dannomyte
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mcqfesijiba » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:22 pm

Neifi Perez...... :-P
Give me Infante over him any day, although the other possibilities listed there I like. Neifi Perez actually almost makes Ramon Santiago look like a decent major league ballplayer...almost. I kind of hope Dombrowski goes and gets somebody else. I'm just not all that optimistic about Infante starting right now with Santiago as the primary backup infielder. Just as long as the acquisition isn't as bad as Neifi Perez. Please, no.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:25 pm

mcqfesijiba wrote:

Neifi Perez...... :-P
Give me Infante over him any day, although the other possibilities listed there I like. Neifi Perez actually almost makes Ramon Santiago look like a decent major league ballplayer...almost. I kind of hope Dombrowski goes and gets somebody else. I'm just not all that optimistic about Infante starting right now with Santiago as the primary backup infielder. Just as long as the acquisition isn't as bad as Neifi Perez. Please, no.

There's always Todd Walker. I think SD may be souring on the Todd Walker at the hot corner experiment right about now. ;)
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates