How are people doing in H2H playoffs? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How are people doing in H2H playoffs?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How are people doing in H2H playoffs?

Postby ramble2 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:37 am

Tomorrow I start my first ever H2H playoffs. I'm really excited and nervous! :-D :-o

I had a bye last week, because I finished first in the regular season by 24 games over the second place team. Thank goodness too, as my team has had a power outage over the last few weeks, and some of my pitchers got hammered. I'm a little worried about this week, but I'm even more worried about the championship week. The two hottest teams in the league are going to be competing in the other bracket. Luckily, fortunes can change fast and the championship matchup is two weeks long.

But please, can't Giambi either bust out of his slump or go on the DL? I mean really, he's gonna kill me. The only way I can put another 1B in right now is if I drop somebody and move Nevin off the DL. Luckily, the Yanks are playing the Tigers this week. That's gotta be good for bustin' out of a slump.

How have other people done in their playoffs? Any hard roster decisions to make? Good luck all!
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 66)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eftda » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:42 am

i got 3rd place by .5 games, but iw as in 1s all season up to the last regular season week.

by butt was kicked this week, so next week i will fight for 6th place

in my 2nd h2h, i am 2nd place and i start tomorrw, (that reminds me to se the roster)

thanks ;-D
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:36 am

I lost in my HTH playoffs by 1 win (sat Dontrelle) or 1 run. I scored only 1 run yesterday. :-t :-P :~( :-P :-t

If I would have gotten either of those things, I would have won on tiebreakers.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby orangecrushv » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:23 am

my playoffs start today... had a 1st week bye, finished reg season in 2nd place back 6 games, wish i was playing last week though, had some sweet stats.... hope they can keep it going now that it counts again ;)

-rich
orangecrushv
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby cloverhurstdawg » Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:03 pm

Had a second place bye last week too. Final Four starts today, though. To start Millwood or to sit Millwood, hmmm? :-?
cloverhurstdawg
College Coach
College Coach

Postby LCBOY » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:52 pm

Finished 3rd place in regular season. I played the 6th place team in the first round of the playoffs and won 10-8. So now I play the 2nd place team who I beat in both of our regular season meetings. If I win this week I will play for the championship.
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Giants Rule » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:55 pm

I lost my 1st-round game (2nd-half playoffs) 2 weeks ago when Koskie had an illness in his family and Kent was off for a few days to be with his wife who gave birth to their 4th child. Those things happen, right? They had to forget baseball and be with their family.

Anyways, since I won the 1st-half championship, I'm waiting for the winner of the 2nd-half to play him in our World Series next week!
Giants Rule
College Coach
College Coach

Postby demoflauchy » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:58 pm

Unfortunately my league doesn't have the playoff system... :-t If it did, I'd likely be on my way to the championship as I've scored the most points over the past 3 weeks. I'm in 3rd place and will most likely finish the season in 2nd or 3rd. The first place team is too far ahead in wins.
demoflauchy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jskidder » Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:03 pm

i just won my first round matchup, and the semi's begin today. i'm pretty confident since my opponent this week has a banged up team and i'm already off to a good start with wells, soriano, and n. johnson hitting well today.
jskidder
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kc489 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:25 pm

ended up in 1st playoffs startin today
kc489
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers