Howie K - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Howie K

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby George_Foreman » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:37 pm

Oh, I dunno. I'd say he's a top 100 guy, sure. If he performs "well", he'll be in the top 50 next year, but that's not a sure thing.... I'd probably keep him ahead of guys like Carlos Guillen, Hanley Ramirez (who I consider a HUGE risk, as an aside), Julio Lugo, and Filipe Lopez, after guys like Jimmy Rollins, Miguel Tejada, and Raffy Furcal, and about on par with guys like Chone Figgins and Michael Young, who have slipped out of that top group but have the talent to get back to it. If he performs well, I see him as a top-notch MI. But he's not a sure thing, so I move him back a little into the same group as guys who have dropped out of the "top" but look pretty good to bounce back next year.

So all that is to say that, depending on how much you like him and a million other factors, he's probably in/around the top 70-90 keepers.

Also, if a keeper draft was being held now, I really don't think he'd last beyond the 6th round and wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the 4th.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pepperoncino » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:47 pm

i'm in a 9 team keeper league. we keep 6 players each, so that's 54 total.

i've got howie and he's on the bubble for me. i may keep him.

he's gonna hit for a good avg, do a little bit of everything else, continue to improve, and he plays 2B. so outside of utley and a couple others, he's already one of the best 2B going into next year and there's a good chance he's gonna be right there with utley as one of the top 2B in the game next year.

i'd say you should consider keeping him in most keeper leagues. see how the rest of the season plays out and then decide.
pepperoncino
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby johnsamo » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:44 am

Also need to factor in the team he's on. The angels have a good farm system and the cash to bring in FAs when they're needed, so he's not likely to be a great player stuck on a bad team ala Jason Bay.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers