So I finally traded Butler. Right move? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

So I finally traded Butler. Right move?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby on_a_mission » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:35 pm

do you guys think that verlander will always be this good? like what kind of numbers do you see him putting up in 5 years? like i think verlander is great, but i do question his workload in his first major league season.
on_a_mission
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Verlander

Postby hoopitup21212 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:23 pm

I think Verlander should be great in the next few years to come. That’s just my opinion, he’s still young and I'm an owner of him in my keeper league however I hope in a few years he isn’t pitching like Beckett is right now. When Beckett was a rookie everyone said how good he was and with no blisters this season he’s pitching bad. (Bad comparison) However I think Verlander should be great.
SGMKL
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=163
"When Chuck Norris jumps in an ocean he doesnt get wet, the water gets chuck."
hoopitup21212
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Verlander

Postby FantasyGURU802 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:30 pm

hoopitup21212 wrote:I think Verlander should be great in the next few years to come. That’s just my opinion, he’s still young and I'm an owner of him in my keeper league however I hope in a few years he isn’t pitching like Beckett is right now. When Beckett was a rookie everyone said how good he was and with no blisters this season he’s pitching bad. (Bad comparison) However I think Verlander should be great.

He will not end up like Beckett, but Beckett is still a pretty good pitcher...
[b]Member of the SGMKL[/b]
[b]THE FANTASY GURU[/b]
FantasyGURU802
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:32 pm

That was a great deal in getting Verlander. ;-D ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NatsFan10 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:57 pm

winterball22 wrote:I don't think it's that lopsided, Verlander is having a good year, but they're are too many people using the term "proven". In my opinion he is not yet proven, once he puts together a couple of good years, then I'll call him proven.
Good trade, I would also trade move Butler for Verlander, but I don't think it's a huge steal.

I tend to agree with you. While I would also probably make this move, it definitely isn't a steal IMO and Butler could certainly end up having a better career than Verlander.

Butler is raking as a 20 year old in AA, and that just doesn't happen very often. He is an extremely polished hitter, hits for both average and power, has a great contact rate, and really doesn't look to have any weaknesses at the plate.

I am always a little bit more cautious about pitchers in fantasy baseball than I am with hitters, so that could contribute to my opinion. Even though Verlander has had a solid year, I still can't get TINSTAAPP out of my head.
NatsFan10
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball