Rank this potential. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rank this potential.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rank this potential.

Postby Zito is God » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:58 pm

So I am drilling my brain trying to figuire out which 2 of these to drop. This is a 16 team dynasty league. Who has more potential?

Adam Wainwright
Abiorix Burgos
Aubrey Huff
Aaron Heilman
Tim Hudson (remmember, this is a 16 team league so it's hard to just drop him).

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:09 pm

If it helps you out...I just dropped Wainwright in a 16-team dynasty league. I did this, however, not because he lacked potential, but because if I held onto him, I'd have to give him a contract of at least $10 bucks for next season or let him walk. So I let him walk and grabbed Mathis instead, in-case he gets promoted.

I think Heilman is the easiest to drop of that list.

In a 16 team league, saves are hard to come by. I kinda like Burgos in the sense that the Royals really can't get much worse; he's got to get more opportunities in the future and he is very young.

That said, it is very tough to drop Huff or Hudson, though I think if I had to keep two it'd be Huff and Burgos.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Zito is God » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:15 pm

The thing about Hudson is I have the sickest rotation you could ever think of. I have 5 of the top 10 pitchers (we have a 5 man rotation). I technically don't need Hudson too much, I even have an ace (Buerhle) on my bench. (Yes, it is that good).

But even though I don't need Hudson, a player of his caliber is undroppable to me. I however need to free up 4 spots for minors leaguers that need to be called up next year (Kinsler, Billingsley, Fielder, and Hansen), I am already dropping DeRosa and Hardy, I need 2 more.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby noseeum » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:18 pm

Zito is God wrote:The thing about Hudson is I have the sickest rotation you could ever think of. I have 5 of the top 10 pitchers (we have a 5 man rotation). I technically don't need Hudson too much, I even have an ace (Buerhle) on my bench. (Yes, it is that good).

But even though I don't need Hudson, a player of his caliber is undroppable to me. I however need to free up 4 spots for minors leaguers that need to be called up next year (Kinsler, Billingsley, Fielder, and Hansen), I am already dropping DeRosa and Hardy, I need 2 more.

Hudson is droppable. If you're stacked at SP, and you need help elsewhere, than drop him or trade him. If deadline is passed, "See ya, Hudson."

He's a matchups guy at best for the rest of the year. Don't try to keep the dream alive. Maybe he'll round into form next year and maybe not.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Wrong Forum!

Postby WebHamster » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:32 pm

This thread has been eaten by the Webhamster. This typically happens to solitary posts that move too far away from their own kind. Please repost your question or issue in the appropriate forum where it can dwell among the herd of similar threads and where the mods will bravely protect it from the mean rodents. And please ... do not feed the Webhamster! Thank you.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 731)

Return to Baseball Leftovers