Green to Mets?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Green to Mets??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Green to Mets??

Postby FalcoAtL » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:30 pm

According to Rotoworld and countless newspapers, Green will be asked to waive his no trade clause to go to NY. The Dbacks, in order for a deal to be worked out, would have to take on part of the remaining money on his contract.

Obviously this is the right move for the Dbacks because it opens things up for Quentin and Jackson to play everyday, rather than having to split time between the three players. I'm not sure this is the best deal for the Mets solely because I think Milledge is good enough to fill the corner OF spot on his own. Then again I guess the Mets feel this is their year.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby smooth906 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:22 pm

The question for me is how Green's value will be affected. He would have several things going for him in NY:
1) He's historically a second-half hitter (although you can't tell given how crappy he's been since the All-Star break this year)
2) A change of scenery might help his approach
3) He would stand to get regular ABs since Floyd is so fragile and the Mets don't appear to fully trust Milledge yet
4) Most importantly, hitting in NY's lineup would almost certainly provide more RBI opportunities

He's not the player he used to be but if you've plug in a .280 hitter behind Beltran/Delgado/Wright every day there's definitely some fantasy value there.
smooth906
College Coach
College Coach

Postby acsguitar » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:49 pm

this sounds like the Mets have found a suitor for Lastings
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Mortician » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:15 pm

acsguitar wrote:this sounds like the Mets have found a suitor for Lastings

This has nothing to do with Lastings Millege being traded. This has to do with the mets making a world series run with Endy Chavez being an everyday starter to rely on. Don't get me wrong, Endy has been huge for the mets this year in his 4th outfielder role. But the prognosis on Floyd is that no one is sure when he's even going to be able to start rehabbing, none the less coming back to the big team to start. This trade would be done because of floyd's status, not because of a possible trade of millege.
Mortician
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

well...

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:27 pm

How does this effect Carlos Quentin's playing time in Arizona. Will he be given the everyday gig in RF, or does this not really have any effect on him?
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Starkmadfan » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:15 pm

smooth906 wrote:The question for me is how Green's value will be affected. He would have several things going for him in NY:
1) He's historically a second-half hitter (although you can't tell given how crappy he's been since the All-Star break this year)
2) A change of scenery might help his approach
3) He would stand to get regular ABs since Floyd is so fragile and the Mets don't appear to fully trust Milledge yet
4) Most importantly, hitting in NY's lineup would almost certainly provide more RBI opportunities

He's not the player he used to be but if you've plug in a .280 hitter behind Beltran/Delgado/Wright every day there's definitely some fantasy value there.

Exactly - Floyd is injury prone, Milledge is still breaking in - question is will he have such a great surge that he is a must-add....... :-?
Help me out here? : http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2321827#2321827

Artwork by madaslives911
Starkmadfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates