Devil Rays
5%
Giants
5%
Other
5%

Total votes : 59

Postby brandnew » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:18 pm

Red Sox Nation wrote:I would be VERY suprised if the D-Rays and Royals don't have one of the best farm systems after like 5+ years of having the worst record in baseball.

D-Rays have a lot of talent in their farm system but their pitching sucks (Kazmir is their only plus).

As for the Royals, they too have a lot of talent but probably not as hyped as the D-Rays but like the D-Rays and even worse, their pitching is horrible.

Nice sig dude, never seen a Jennifer Morrison one before. She's hot on house ;-D
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Deuce » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:31 pm

ukrneal wrote:Strange, I would think the Giants would be good (or at least ok) post-Bonds. I look at it this way. They are doing ok now (not great, but alive) and they will free up a lot of money after this year. Bonds isn't doing a whole lot right now anyway, so I just don't see the big deal when they lose him. And when they get rid of a few more of those dinosaurs, they could be great. So I'm not quite as down as some here I guess. They may not win the division or anything, but they have enough talent not to be at the bottom either.

I would think Cincinnati would be a good candidate here. They have overachieved this year and I would expect a huge fall next year unless they continue to make changes.

Bonds is only part of the problem. It is the teams philosophy that give them no chance. Their main objective is butts in the seats. The seats don't play ball.
The glass is neither half full nor half empty... It is simply a glass
Deuce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers