Fantasy Baseball "Dog Days" of August? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fantasy Baseball "Dog Days" of August?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Richie Rich » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:30 pm

This is go time, i check more than ever

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=235150
C:Sandoval 1B:Teixeira 2B:Ramirez 3B:Huff SS:Rollins OF:Crawford OF:Markakis OF:Kemp U:Holliday U:Morneau B: Werth DL: Lowell
SP Billingsley Shields Verlander Lackey Romero Hughes
RP Cordero Bell Bailey Francisco
DL Dempster
Richie Rich
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby vykeengfan » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:44 pm

gotta get ready for my true love, fantasy football (i'm sure no one in hear likes to hear that!), so my dedication to baseball has been dwindling. also, the trade deadline has passed, so I'm not trying to disect the other owners' teams in order to improve mine. I'm still here in the cafe every day, multiple times a day looking for any edge that i can (i am still a newbie), but overall I am getting bored with baseball.
vykeengfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby go_jays_go » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:40 pm

Madison wrote:Not bored here. Just gearing up for the stretch run. B-)

Couldn't have put it better myself.

If you're going to quit, fantasy baseball doesn't need you. }:-)
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:37 pm

Nerfherders wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:This is exactly why I love fantasy baseball over all other fantasy sports (except probably fantasy soccer). I'm cruising in a good chunk of my leagues, but I'm in some dogfights in my most competitive leagues. Plus, I'm sure that most of us are prepping for the upcoming fantasy football year too, and so you've got some multitasking to do, with work being a backdrop to it all. B-)

Fantasy Soccer? How does one possibly score that when the teams barely score as many goals as games played?

Things like clean sheets, tackles, yellow cards, red cards, assists, extra points for game winning goals, saves, penalty kick saves, points per certain # of saves, et cetera are taken into account. If say, a defender or a midfielder scores a goal, they're awarded a few more points as well, whereas a forward is just given the standard points allotted for a goal scored.

Yahoo! has a Fantasy Premiership game for the English Premier League and you can sign up on http://fantasy.premierleague.com to play on the official Premiership site. There's also one on ESPN Soccernet. They're all salary cap games. I'm waiting for the Spanish La Liga game too. ;-D
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 671)

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:09 pm

Every August I remember seeing posts like this, asking this precise question...I'm out of it in 2/3 leagues, so it's hard to keep interesting...however, the team I'm in the race with has been my long time keeper league and I love every minute of it.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:22 pm

Not bored at all. I am down a couple of points in my main league right now due to a vacation with limited internet access, so I have to make it up quickly in my mind. But I am definitely ready for the stretch run in my leagues, even though in a few of them I am not in contention. :~(
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:25 pm

It's definitely not fun if you are in last place. But tired? No!

ZZZZZZ
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Starkmadfan » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:37 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:This is exactly why I love fantasy baseball over all other fantasy sports (except probably fantasy soccer). I'm cruising in a good chunk of my leagues, but I'm in some dogfights in my most competitive leagues. Plus, I'm sure that most of us are prepping for the upcoming fantasy football year too, and so you've got some multitasking to do, with work being a backdrop to it all. B-)

Sums up where I am at right now - getting ready for football drafts, trying to find that waiver wire/call up edge to push for baseball - and then work :-b
Help me out here? : http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2321827#2321827

Artwork by madaslives911
Starkmadfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby converge241 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:00 pm

i love august for roto baseball

trade deadlines are all just passed or passing so all THAT is out of the way

you can start to see the finish line and what you can do to either hold leads or catch up becomes more tangible
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers