Pedro Martinez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Pedro Martinez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby rozzz5 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:07 am

After Liriano went down I needed another starter so I traded for Pedro this week. :-o
rozzz5
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mreater71 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:54 pm

With Pedro, if it isn't one thing, it's another. He's always been like that. I can see if it was a reaggravated injury, but he has something new all the time.
Mreater71
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Big Train » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:06 pm

ESPN.com

PHILADELPHIA -- Pedro Martinez was placed on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday by the New York Mets with a minor strain in his right calf.

The three-time Cy Young Award winner was examined in New York on Tuesday, one day after the injury forced him out of his start against the Philadelphia Phillies following the worst first inning of his career.

In his second season with the NL East-leading Mets, Martinez is 9-5 with a 3.84 ERA in 20 starts. He missed a month earlier this season because of inflammation in his right hip. He has 125 strikeouts and 35 walks in 122 innings.

Right-handed reliever Heath Bell was recalled from Triple-A Norfolk to take Martinez's spot on the roster.

The Mets said Martinez felt the strain while warming up before Monday night's game. He gave up six runs and was pulled after only one inning.

It was his second-shortest start ever -- on June 20, 1995, he got only two outs for Montreal while giving up five runs to Houston. He had never allowed six runs in the first inning, the Elias Sports Bureau said.
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Joe LaCock » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:03 pm

Is it too much to ask for Yahoo to list him on the DL so I can adjust my roster? I guess that's what you get for going cheap! Joe
Joe LaCock
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mreater71 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:17 pm

What a surprise! Yahoo reports that he was placed on the 15 day DL with a strained calf, but they haven't placed him on the DL for the fantasy leagues.
Mreater71
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates