Sports related wedding gifts? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Sports related wedding gifts?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:03 am

sorry to hijack hitmans thread. congrats dude. and youre still a psycho to have that many people in the wedding party. :-o :-D
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:55 am

Just have to love any thread Miner deems worthy enough to share his wisdom and vast knowledge of the world. :-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:13 am

Amazinz wrote:Just have to love any thread Miner deems worthy enough to share his wisdom and vast knowledge of the world. :-)

TRUE STORRRRY!

this is the story of 7 strangers, picked to liv...
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby 1337_Dude » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:29 am

Tickets to a game or a fight night seems like a great idea.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby WhiteHot » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:11 am

Pablo975 wrote:2) Groomsmen spend 500 to 1000 on the groom? For what? I got ripped off then! My guys didn't spend but MAYBE $300 combined, including tuxes, gas, liquor, etc.

I think he's referring to not just the wedding itself, but bachelor's party and other events leading up to the wedding.

I can see a lot of money being spent if you rent a limo for the bachelor's party or travel somewhere (like Vegas). Maybe get a nice dinner before the bachelor party.
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:56 am

I'm sure it varies a lot from wedding to wedding. I wasn't suggesting he be cheap but he made it sound like he might be on a tight budget. A lot of people are when first getting married. Obviously you'd like to do as well as you possibly could for your grooms but if you don't have it you do what you can. And when it comes right down to it the dollar amount means very little among good friends (and grooms usually are). ;-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:57 am

i've got the same dilema coming up, i think i'm just gonna get football tickets for all of us. i have six guys and i think that's alot
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:12 am

Buy them one of these to share

I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Re: Sports related wedding gifts?

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:32 am

SOUTHSIDE HITMEN wrote:I don't know where the correct forum is to ask this question, but anyone give or receive a sports related grooms gift? I was thinking of giving my grooms men personalized jerseys, but they were going to be 110 a pop. I have 10 people standing up so that's out of the question. Anyone have any ideas on my little problem?

You can get cheaper than $110 a pop. Check out the Cafe store for some good deals. First link I clicked (MVP.com) has personalized jerseys for $29.99 each. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:31 pm

1 friend of mine got each of us a pair of tickets to our favorite team. That could be costly with 10 guys. What about getting each of them an autograph of their favorite player?? Another friend of mine did that and it worked great.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk