Flying Horror Stories!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Flying Horror Stories!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:49 pm

I had to fly last week to visit my folks in Florida...

I still have to take my damn shoes off. I hate that!
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:59 pm

Coppermine wrote:I had to fly last week to visit my folks in Florida...

Sandals my friend. I used to not wear sandals so I would make sure to wear dirty smelley socks.

My protest to them making me take my shoes off
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:22 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:I had to fly last week to visit my folks in Florida...

Sandals my friend. I used to not wear sandals so I would make sure to wear dirty smelley socks.

My protest to them making me take my shoes off

I almost wore them, and my girlfriend insisted that I should... but I refuse to sit in that disgusting plane with my feet sticking out. After all, I was flying US Airways.

I have done the smelly socks on purpose routine though.

Oh, and this time, they had a machine that puffs air on your in lieu of someone patting you down. I stood in this little phone booth thing and air blows all over my torso and crotch areas. I was offended, and a little excited by it. I asked if I could do it again and the TSA lady didn't like that all. Actually, I'm kidding... I don't talk to those TSA people. I feel like they're just waiting for a reason to cavity search you. Every airport's different too... at Harrisburg International (yeah, can you believe that? It exists) the TSA people are all happy because only white people fly out of there, and there's hardly even any of them. But then in Philadelphia, they wear their latex gloves all day in giddy anticipation.

No shoes, no liquids, no nail clippers. I'm tired of it. And every time I'm waiting in line to board, I'm behind this know-it-all smart ass whose always like "Yeah, why don't they just do ratial profiling? You think that old lady's gonna hijack the plane with her knitting needles." I resist the urge to punch these people in the face, regardless of their cavalier "I'm gonna say what everyone's thinking" attitude.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:58 pm

We had a lady in front of us with 4 carry on bags basically tied together so she could call it one.

She then walked through security without taking off Glasses, Hat, or Purse.

TSA made her take them all off.

Her response was that TSA did it on purpose and is racist.

If someone cavity searched me I'd be pooping on them
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:23 pm

I was searched throughly last week on my flight from KCI to O'Hare because I had a special marking on my boarding pass. The TSA guy tells me he has no idea how they pick their candidates but of the dozen or so guys they search each day I had to be one of them. They opened and searched both of my carry-on bags that are both jam packed, and it took forever for him to pack it back together again. And all of us were searched again before we board. Why the hell am I searched the first time for? Maybe that's what I get for flying the day after the London arrest. But I'm certainly not happy about it.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:42 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:I was searched throughly last week on my flight from KCI to O'Hare because I had a special marking on my boarding pass. The TSA guy tells me he has no idea how they pick their candidates but of the dozen or so guys they search each day I had to be one of them. They opened and searched both of my carry-on bags that are both jam packed, and it took forever for him to pack it back together again. And all of us were searched again before we board. Why the hell am I searched the first time for? Maybe that's what I get for flying the day after the London arrest. But I'm certainly not happy about it.

Yeah, I know how that is... that's how they really keep it "random." I guess some airlines print a checkerboard patters on an inconspicuous portion of your bording pass and boom... instant search. Meanwhile, the Ayatollah strolls onto the plane.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby soxfan364 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:42 am

I had a horrible flight from Toronto to Boston, taking off in a thuderstorm. I remember a stewardess jumping into an empty seat and putting on a seat belt after we hit some turbulence. Never saw that happen since. It was bumpy the rest of the way to Boston.
soxfan364
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Coppermine » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:05 pm

Here's some more depressing airline news; it seems that the instances of male flight attendants are up dramatically. Plus, the female stewardesses aren't nearly as hot as they used to be.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:14 pm

Coppermine wrote:Here's some more depressing airline news; it seems that the instances of male flight attendants are up dramatically. Plus, the female stewardesses aren't nearly as hot as they used to be.

Yea thats a wicked bummer
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:07 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Here's some more depressing airline news; it seems that the instances of male flight attendants are up dramatically. Plus, the female stewardesses aren't nearly as hot as they used to be.

Yea thats a wicked bummer

Yeah, that's what you all get for me accidentally spanking a British stewardess' bum. :-b }:-)

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 674)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk