Flying Horror Stories!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Flying Horror Stories!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:48 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
3 years ago, I was in a flight bound for Washington D.C. and the landing was delayed because we were flying during a severe thunderstorm. Lots of lightning and there was just a second when the lights went out and it felt like the plane was dropping. When I looked out the window, I could've sworn I had seen some white smoke on the wing. But it was nothing and we landed without a hitch. I thought we were all going to die at that point, but I knew we would be okay.

Lightning probably hit your wing...Not that big of a deal though although terrifying.

I like to curse during major turbulance i don't care if mother theresa or a 4 years old is sitting next to me. I let the expletives fly.

This is the third worst turbulance I flew in .

The top two were

#2. Flying from Crested Butte to Denver.

Captain: I'd like to say we are going to have a smooth flight today but the jet stream is right over the rockies and I'm gonna ask everyone including the stewardess to buckle in for the whole flight.

45 minutes of massive airpockets and bumps ensued.

#1. Flying from Antigua, West Indies to Monsterrat West indies. On a 12 seater prop plane.

Bouncing extremely rough the whole time. Then I swear we almost ran right into a cliff before the plane pulled up at the last second.

ugh :-t
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:07 pm

acsguitar wrote:I like to curse during major turbulance i don't care if mother theresa or a 4 years old is sitting next to me. I let the expletives fly.

Ha, you're exactly like one of my friends, but then again, I have a lot of friends who curse every other third word they utter (and no they don't have turrettes) and they've all gone to Catholic school. For shame. :-b

acsguitar wrote:Captain: I'd like to say we are going to have a smooth flight today but the jet stream is right over the rockies and I'm gonna ask everyone including the stewardess to buckle in for the whole flight.

Yeah, I've been on flights over the Rockies, but not at the extreme turbulence you experienced.

acsguitar wrote:#1. Flying from Antigua, West Indies to Monsterrat West indies. On a 12 seater prop plane.

Bouncing extremely rough the whole time. Then I swear we almost ran right into a cliff before the plane pulled up at the last second.

ugh :-t

:-b Awesome. ;-D
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 454)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:13 pm

Well, I was on a plane once when I saw Samuel Jackson on it. And he told me some terrorist has hid some poisonous snake on the plane. It was horrifying, but thanks to Samuel Jackson. I was safe...

well, the other time I was going from Vancouver to I think Mesa, Arizona. It was night and the plane was delayed for some reason and I swear I smell something burning as we are taking off and the whole ride was bumpy and especially the landing was horrifying.

Other than that, those small jets are scary.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby acsguitar » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:25 pm

Its kinda nice to hear all your stories seeing that none of you crashed during your turbulance.

I'll make a mental note of that.

Next time i'm taking more xanax
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:21 pm

You're not a big coffee drinker are you acs?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Shadow of the Sun* » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:56 pm

The last flight I went on was a small jet and I was stuck in the last row, right next to the bathroom. On the previous flight someone clogged the toilet and caused it to backflow and everything came out and flooded the bathroom. Since my flight was the last flight of the night the crew decided to just spray some potpourri and deal with the problem while the plane was parked overnight at the next airport.

I smelt a day's worth of excrement for roughly 2 hours. Not pleasant.
Shadow of the Sun*
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby acsguitar » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:30 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:You're not a big coffee drinker are you acs?

Nope not at all...Coffee makes me freak out. I quit caffeine for like 2 years now anything more then 40 oz of soda makes me basically have a panic attack. So no coffee....
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:12 pm

acsguitar wrote:

Nope not at all...Coffee makes me freak out. I quit caffeine for like 2 years now anything more then 40 oz of soda makes me basically have a panic attack. So no coffee....

That's an awful lot though. I really don't care for soda much, but I do like it with a pizza now and then. But I can barely put down a 12 oz can, let alone 40.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby acsguitar » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:24 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

That's an awful lot though. I really don't care for soda much, but I do like it with a pizza now and then. But I can barely put down a 12 oz can, let alone 40.

Well thats my max ever over like a whole day... 2 bottles of coke over a whole day isn't that much
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:27 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

That's what I was thinking. But yeah i guess over a day it's not much and I probably drink way more than that anyways.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk