D-Train is back on track - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

D-Train is back on track

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

D-Train is back on track

Postby Surfs up » Sun Sep 07, 2003 4:04 pm

For those of you who dropped Dontrelle Willis I hope his replacement got shelled. Willis was awesome today. 1 ER, 3 hits and 2 of those were in the 1st inning. 1 walk and 6 K's.He did give up a solo hr to Todd Zeile but Zeile has been quite hot lately. And he did all of that pitching in that hitter freindly little league park in San Juan.Forget the schedule. That is only on paper. The Marlins are in the playoff hunt and Willis will do all he can to help.
I have stuck with him and will be keeping him in my lineup every day he pitches. He will be a keeper.
Only kidding about Willis' replacement getting shelled. ;-D
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 195)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sun Sep 07, 2003 4:19 pm

I dropped him in 2 leagues, but kept him in 1 for today. I wouldn't start him his next couple of games out, they are both against Atlanta. He did well for me, but after I drop him today, it's time to move on. ;-) Looking at his schedule, 2 vs Atlanta, then Philly. Not favorable at all.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby pkarr5000 » Sun Sep 07, 2003 4:36 pm

i dont care. i dropped him for hampton and mike did better. the d train will crash soon anyways. that schedule is TOUGH
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby demoflauchy » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:31 am

He did have a good game, but this is his FIRST decent outing over the past month or so. His upcoming schedule is not friendly, so spot starts are adviseable...
demoflauchy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jdh » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:53 am

Yeah, one good game does not mean he's on track. He was facing a badly slumping Expos team, that isn't even that great of an offense when it's on. 2 of his last 3 starts are against the Braves, so he's close to useless for the rest of the season.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:10 pm

jdh wrote:Yeah, one good game does not mean he's on track. He was facing a badly slumping Expos team, that isn't even that great of an offense when it's on. 2 of his last 3 starts are against the Braves, so he's close to useless for the rest of the season.

The other start should be against the Phillies. Definitely not a favorable schedule.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Baseball Leftovers