Nelson Cruz's playing time for 07'? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nelson Cruz's playing time for 07'?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nelson Cruz's playing time for 07'?

Postby Hitdogman » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:45 pm

With none of the Texas outfielder's currently being signed past 06', what are the chances of Nelson Cruz taking over right field full time for the Rangers next year?

I looked at his minor league stats over the past three years and he does look good with an OPS in the mid 900's with 26 HR's& 16 SB's in 04', 27 HR's and 19 SB's in 05 and 20 HR's and 17 SB's in AAA this year.

I also read he has a plus arm. I've got to think that Texas will give him a shot.
Hitdogman
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:11 pm

Showalter acted like he'd get a lot of ABs when the trade happened.
Chris Iannetta was born on Krypton and transported to Earth as an infant and saves the universe when he's not getting on base every plate appearance.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dyuen87 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:22 pm

Id think they'd try to sign Carlos Lee at least, but yeah i think Nelson Cruz will get a shot. There are a few teams rumored to be pursuing Lee and Matthews Jr. this offseason, so i think at best they could sign one back, leaving 2 OF spots. Cruz has potential and he may be ready in Texas' eyes.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby winterball22 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:48 pm

don't get too excited by his minor league numbers, he's been older then most at every level. I don't think he will ever be a mixed league option, but possibly has a little value in AL only leagues.
winterball22
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:19 pm

winterball22 wrote:don't get too excited by his minor league numbers, he's been older then most at every level. I don't think he will ever be a mixed league option, but possibly has a little value in AL only leagues.

I trade him for Tom Gorzelanny after he hit his homer and after Sportsline had a glowing recommendation to pick him up. ;-D
Chris Iannetta was born on Krypton and transported to Earth as an infant and saves the universe when he's not getting on base every plate appearance.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers