Best Online Poker Room? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Best Online Poker Room?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Best Online Poker Room?

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:20 am

ive played at pokerstars, party poker, poker world (free bonuses), and poker room.... ive found the most success at party poker and never really played at poker stars for money. the reputation is that the cards are absolutely crazy and reward bad beats etc..so my question is, what are your favorites? easier to make a profit? best experience? best bonuses etc.... i browsed through poker listings and they rate them all, but alot of the time about things i dont care about. im strictly a NL hold'em players. i like sng's more than cash games. i enjoy getting bonuses without having to play 4000 hands as well...

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:43 am

Best Software: Pokerstars - Got accounts with over 10 poker rooms and Stars is by far and away the quickest, easiest, and most reliable.

Most Fish: PartyPoker - Quite a few fish other places, but they don't call PartyPoker "The Aquarium" for nothing. ;-)

Most bonuses/reloads: Absolute. At least a couple of reloads each week. Most poker rooms have become pretty tight about their reloads, but Absolute just keeps right on rolling them out every week.

;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby RyanK » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:34 pm

Im enjoying Full Tilt... theyre offering a 100% signup bonus right now.. and also have a good refer a friend bonus... so if someone does want to sign up pm me so we both could pick up a bonus.

Ive just played on Party Poker and got fed up with it.. mostly because it doenst run on Macs but also the swings on it were just insane... I like Full Tilts set up, even with the corny avatars but you get use to it.
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:15 pm

I've played on Stars, Party and Paradise.

As Madision said, Party is full of fish and Stars seems to be the nicest in terms of different types of tournaments etc. I don't play much at Paradise anymore, but go to party to trounce, and Stars proves to be somewhat more difficult but gives me a lot of more options.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:51 pm

I play on Party Poker, basically just because when I decided to start playing online they were offering the best sign up bonus, and I've had success there. If I ever lost my bank roll and had to re-up I'd probably try somewhere else, but I'm not a fan of having a bunch of different accounts, so I just keep playing there. I've never had any problems with it, and, as has been said, there seems to be a lot of fish, especially playing the single-table tournaments.

If you sign up at Full Tilt, though, a friend of mine gets a little richer, so I always try to push people to that site.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mak1277 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:56 pm

I'll echo the others...PartyPoker is the "fish"-iest, without question. My favorite place to play though was always UltimateBet. I like their interface the best out of all of them.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Another Blown Save » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:33 pm

I like PokerStars, but that's the only one I have tried.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:49 pm

I enjoy Paradise
dream_017
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

CafeholicFootball ModLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby smoovethug » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:30 pm

I don't really think being around fish is a bad thing. Just wait for them to make a mistake and break them. It can get frustrating when they hang in and draw out on you, but if you're good and patient enough you should get the best of them most of the time. ;-D That being said my favorite is PartyPoker, probably because that's where I started first. I'm going to have to try out Absolute though if they give out reloads that often.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby LukeW9027 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:36 pm

RyanK wrote:Im enjoying Full Tilt... theyre offering a 100% signup bonus right now.. and also have a good refer a friend bonus... so if someone does want to sign up pm me so we both could pick up a bonus.

Ive just played on Party Poker and got fed up with it.. mostly because it doenst run on Macs but also the swings on it were just insane... I like Full Tilts set up, even with the corny avatars but you get use to it.

Full tilt is a solid place to play, but the bonus is a joke.

they make it seem like you can win that bonus in a decent amount of time, but in reality, you can make like a max of $.20 per hand. i tried doing this, and i ended up only getting $20 out of my $200 bonus that was pending, and i played for about 10 hours in all.

The Bonus offers at Party Poker are much better, because you know how many hands you have to play in order to get the bonus.

just some info for all you hopefull bonus apllicants on full tilt
Blind Bidders Auction Keeper League- League Champ
Cafe Bums- Last Place
LukeW9027
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to General Talk