Crushing blows to your team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Crushing blows to your team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:31 pm

thaklanksta wrote:Madison, thanks for letting that person know about the offseason here....I cant waiut to get some fantays help next year.

No problem. With no games going everyone will be talking strategy, draft situations, predictions, etc.... All will be very useful information come next year. Everyone should be well prepared to take their championships next season. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby demoflauchy » Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:07 pm

Madison wrote:
thaklanksta wrote:Madison, thanks for letting that person know about the offseason here....I cant waiut to get some fantays help next year.

No problem. With no games going everyone will be talking strategy, draft situations, predictions, etc.... All will be very useful information come next year. Everyone should be well prepared to take their championships next season. ;-D

I wonder how much influence the cafe has in league standings...I know for me I was in 7th place earlier in the year and when I started hanging around here I vaulted up to 3rd (where I am now). If it weren't for Willis and Webb, no telling where I'd be right now. (traded Willis right after the All* game).
demoflauchy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:15 pm

demoflauchy wrote:I wonder how much influence the cafe has in league standings...I know for me I was in 7th place earlier in the year and when I started hanging around here I vaulted up to 3rd (where I am now). If it weren't for Willis and Webb, no telling where I'd be right now. (traded Willis right after the All* game).

Glad to hear that the Cafe' has helped. :-) ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby demoflauchy » Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:18 pm

Madison wrote:
demoflauchy wrote:I wonder how much influence the cafe has in league standings...I know for me I was in 7th place earlier in the year and when I started hanging around here I vaulted up to 3rd (where I am now). If it weren't for Willis and Webb, no telling where I'd be right now. (traded Willis right after the All* game).

Glad to hear that the Cafe' has helped. :-) ;-D

770+ posts to show that i's helped!
demoflauchy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby demoflauchy » Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:27 pm

I'm actually all geared up for the draft next year...this was my 2nd year to play (last year I played one league and finished 8 out of 10). My draft this year was HORRIBLE (4 keepers - Glavine, Hinske, Tejada, Helton) -- my first pick was MAddux, my 2nd pick was BYKim (whom I later traded for Dye when they were both on the DL). Anyway, 4 of my top 6 picks are no longer on my team due to horrible seasons... so to say that the cafe has helped is an understatement. :-D

Two beers for the cafe ;-D
demoflauchy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby blankman » Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:36 pm

I'd also like to thank the cafe for helping me greatly this year. I found it part way into the season- I was fortunate enough to have a great draft, but the cafe put me over the top. Picking up Webb and Harden (for awhile) was a HUGE help to my ERA and WHIP and it got my pitching back on track. I'd personally like to thank 2 people in particular who have made a difference in my season: Madison (what a surprise :-D ) and BronxBomber for all his help on trades. ;-D

Thanks guys ;-D
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Madison » Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:22 pm

blankman wrote:I'd also like to thank the cafe for helping me greatly this year. I found it part way into the season- I was fortunate enough to have a great draft, but the cafe put me over the top. Picking up Webb and Harden (for awhile) was a HUGE help to my ERA and WHIP and it got my pitching back on track. I'd personally like to thank 2 people in particular who have made a difference in my season: Madison (what a surprise :-D ) and BronxBomber for all his help on trades. ;-D

Thanks guys ;-D

Thanks Blankman. ;-) It's appreciated. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby blankman » Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:22 pm

Madison wrote:Thanks Blankman. ;-) It's appreciated. ;-D

Hey, its the least I can do :-D Thanks again ;-D
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby LetsPlay2 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:36 pm

I've been pretty lucky so far but I have one domino injury story I would find amusing if it hadn't happened to me.

a) Ray Durham gets hurt which hurts my SB count.

b) Recently I get EY who steals 3 bases the 1st week I have him (this is the category I'm fighting the most for points).

c) Because Durham is hurt, EY goes to the Giants & has had 0 SBs since.

d) This opens up the leadoff spot to Podsednik which opens up his SB floodgates. So now the guy with Pods has 83 SBs, while I have 84, another guy has 81, another has 87, and the other person within reach has 93.

I'm in 1st now but am very nervous as I was in 3rd as recently as 2 weeks ago. We'll see what happens but the season can't end soon enough as far as I'm concerned.
LetsPlay2
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Don Mattingly » Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:34 am

Sosa and Vlad were probably 2 of the biggest hits... Oswalt and Green are a close second. Somehow I am still managing second place but I need to gain a few points because first is worth about $300 more lol.
Don Mattingly
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers