getting real frustrated with my bad luck - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

getting real frustrated with my bad luck

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

getting real frustrated with my bad luck

Postby Brandaddy » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:20 pm

my fantasy team is 5 - 13 and there is no way i should be, it is starting to make me seriously mad every week it seems like the guys im playing are having the best weeks ever. im in H2H and i have the 2nd most points for but for some reason i just get unlucky and face a team that blows me out. i have 6900 points against me and the next closest team has 6100 points against, some guys have all the luck.
I love my Diamondbacks!
Brandaddy
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:22 pm

That's why I like roto. ;-D ;-)
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: getting real frustrated with my bad luck

Postby bdrotoronto » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:03 pm

Brandaddy wrote:my fantasy team is 5 - 13 and there is no way i should be, it is starting to make me seriously mad every week it seems like the guys im playing are having the best weeks ever. im in H2H and i have the 2nd most points for but for some reason i just get unlucky and face a team that blows me out. i have 6900 points against me and the next closest team has 6100 points against, some guys have all the luck.

sounds like my usual fantasy football season..
You've got a diamond, You've got nine men
You've got a hat and a bat, And that's not all..
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby brandnew » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:05 pm

Tell me about it, I can't buy a freaking win. Everytime my starter pitches a great game, the offense won't score for him, the bullpen will blow the lead, manager will take him out in the middle of the inning, etc. :-t :-t . I seriously have the worst luck when it comes to Wins.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby LouisC9999 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:59 pm

brandnew wrote:Tell me about it, I can't buy a freaking win. Everytime my starter pitches a great game, the offense won't score for him, the bullpen will blow the lead, manager will take him out in the middle of the inning, etc. :-t :-t . I seriously have the worst luck when it comes to Wins.

I beg to differ. This describes my fantasy pitching season this year. In fact, just last night Maine lost a "W" when the MR who relieved him allowed the inherited runners to score before settling down !+) !+) !+) !+)
LouisC9999
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Starkmadfan » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:09 pm

Two weeks ago, I was tied for the division, looked untouchable in terms of pitching - then Liriano goes down, Mussina, CZambrano, Jer Weaver, King Felix, don't win a single game (Jer Weaver finally won one, of course against my Yankees) and I lose 2 in a row and now face the team who was tied for me for the division(he went 1-1 during that time and now has the lead). Of course, he can get 10 starts out of his pitchers to my 6 this week ...........

And yes, this is H2H - so this is the price I pay for being able to lose any given week .........
Help me out here? : http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2321827#2321827

Artwork by madaslives911
Starkmadfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DSheppard » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:39 pm

ive been pretty lucky. it seems like every time i have a bad week, the other guy is a little worse. every time i have a great week, the other guy has a good one but i still win since i had that good of a week.

1st place ftw.
DSheppard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sportsguy138 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:26 am

teddy ballgame wrote:That's why I like roto. ;-D ;-)

too bad ull be stuck with H2H for a while.. ;-7

still like H2H better.. maybe its becuase its the first scoring system i used and never got into roto
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 405)

Re: getting real frustrated with my bad luck

Postby The Jury » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:41 am

bdrotoronto wrote:
Brandaddy wrote:my fantasy team is 5 - 13 and there is no way i should be, it is starting to make me seriously mad every week it seems like the guys im playing are having the best weeks ever. im in H2H and i have the 2nd most points for but for some reason i just get unlucky and face a team that blows me out. i have 6900 points against me and the next closest team has 6100 points against, some guys have all the luck.

sounds like my usual fantasy football season..

Same here. I can't buy a break, and I get all the bad breaks. Just one example: With a slumping offense through the first 2-3 months of the season, I finally get a big game from one of my guys, with a 5 RBI performance. Oh joy, my opponent has Brian Giles and he goes off for 7 RBI, smothering my guy's awesome game. It's just the way it has been this season.. no breaks!

I've sucked it up and kept working and waiting. My hitting has been inconsistent, and I've had the worst hitting stats in the league. I've somehow managed to find to fight through it all and move up to third place, although the top 2 teams are quite solidified in that order.

I'm a friendly, humourous trash talker(though sometimes I pester people in a friendly manner - I only play a buddies league), so I haven't been able to unleash the smack talk very much this year without the performances to back it up. You can't really say much from the bottom of the standings! It has definitely been a looooong year :-°
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kage812004 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:09 am

u want to talk about bad luck...my lineup is the best ive seen and i lost hitting this week 4-1, i only won sb. i batted 339 for the week and still lost average.

i was in 2nd place all year and lost the past 2 weeks to crappy teams who decided to have career weeks against me and now im in 4th.

heres my lineup just so u can see what i mean. :~(

c-Mccann
1b-Dunn
2b-Durham
ss-B.Hall
3b-D.Wright
of-Crawford
of-Holliday
of-Beltran
ut-Arod
ut-J.Rivera
bench-A.Gonzo and Lugo.