An ERA of 270 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

An ERA of 270

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:33 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:Check Yahoo! after someone has an infinite ERA one day. It says INF under the ERA column, not 27.00.

im almost positive it does say 27, not in the stat tracker but the head to head matchup section the following day.

nothing i can do to prove it know, but ill check it out during tommorrows games.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:38 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:infiinity only counts as a 27 era, so id say this is much much worse.

What are you talking about? Infinity can't be measured. 1 ER and 1 out recorded is a 27 ERA.

of course infinitie cant be measured, but in fanasy they have to stop it somewhere or your weekly era would infintie, even if a guy just gave up 1 run without recording an out.

No. First of all, your weekly ERA can be infinite if you only play one guy, who doesnt get an out. Second of all, weekly ERA is accumulative of all of your pitchers, so even if one guy's ERA is infinite because he gives up 1 run with 0 outs, it's just added on to say your starter who went 7 innings with 2 runs. Your pitching stats are then 7 innings pitched, 3 runs allowed.

Check Yahoo! after someone has an infinite ERA one day. It says INF under the ERA column, not 27.00.

This is correct.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:39 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:Check Yahoo! after someone has an infinite ERA one day. It says INF under the ERA column, not 27.00.

im almost positive it does say 27, not in the stat tracker but the head to head matchup section the following day.

nothing i can do to prove it know, but ill check it out during tommorrows games.

Tomorrows games won't show it anyways, because this guy got an out. Yahoo! shows INF I can guarantee you that.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Ursa » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:44 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:

Tomorrows games won't show it anyways, because this guy got an out. Yahoo! shows INF I can guarantee you that.

Yes it does, no doubt about it. I've had a single MR going on a Monday and the next day it has said INF when he got no outs but gave up a run (which happens way too often with my MRs).
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:48 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:

Your weekly ERA is your total runs divided by the number of innings pitched, multiplied by nine. If someone gives up 10 runs with no outs, it just adds 10 runs to that formula. Your weekly ERA is NOT the average of all your pitchers ERAs.
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:50 pm

tinfoilxtouch wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:

Your weekly ERA is your total runs divided by the number of innings pitched, multiplied by nine. If someone gives up 10 runs with no outs, it just adds 10 runs to that formula. Your weekly ERA is NOT the average of all your pitchers ERAs.

thank you 12th guy to say that. i realize how era is tabulated but was confused with INF i guess.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Ursa » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:50 pm

tinfoilxtouch wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:

Correction:
Edit: sorry, my post was drivel
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:52 pm

Ursa wrote:Your weekly ERA is your total runs divided by the number of innings pitched, multiplied by nine. If someone gives up 10 runs with no outs, it just adds 10 runs to that formula. Your weekly ERA is NOT the average of all your pitchers ERAs.

Correction:
ERA = total runs multiplied by nine, then divided by IP.[/quote]

Eh, technically the math comes out the same. The only slight difference would be caused by decimal limits on a calculator.
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby spacehamster01 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:53 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:

Yep I second that. I had Izzy one day early in the year and he had 3 runs and no out in a blown save...I experienced a INF.
spacehamster01
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby FantasyGURU802 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:13 pm

His WHIP is also 33.00
[b]Member of the SGMKL[/b]
[b]THE FANTASY GURU[/b]
FantasyGURU802
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor