How do you deal with a guy who bails? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How do you deal with a guy who bails?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How do you deal with a guy who bails?

Postby freakshow » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:45 am

I had a guy in my league just completely bail out. Dropped all of his guys (including Mussina, Morneau, Lackey and a few others) because he was in last place and had no hope of making the playoffs.

It's not a public league...I know this guy.

I reversed all of his moves since he bailed, locked him out of roster moves, and restored his roster to something competitive, but how do you deal with that in general? Just never allow him back in one of my leagues or try to explain how he screwed things up and convert him to a reasonable player?
freakshow
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 23
Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dislexic Irishman » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:24 am

Your the one who knows this guy. If you think he would do it again, then don't let him back in. If he says he won't do it again and you believe him then why not let him back in.
Dislexic Irishman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1233
Joined: 23 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DSheppard » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:44 am

ask the rest of the league if they mind letting him back in. if they say no go, dont let him in, but maybey let him in a different league or something.

repeat offenders however should not be allowed back in. one time? if the rest of the league doesnt care, whatever.

theres one keeper league i know of where the league commisioner made all these complex scoring rules to what he deemed important that made little sense, just made a generally crazy league. then he drafted everyone he thought was underrated.

in 3 months his team was in last, and he quit the league. yeah, not going into his leagues any time soon.
DSheppard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1310
Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby smoovethug » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:09 am

DSheppard wrote:ask the rest of the league if they mind letting him back in. if they say no go, dont let him in, but maybey let him in a different league or something.

repeat offenders however should not be allowed back in. one time? if the rest of the league doesnt care, whatever.

theres one keeper league i know of where the league commisioner made all these complex scoring rules to what he deemed important that made little sense, just made a generally crazy league. then he drafted everyone he thought was underrated.

in 3 months his team was in last, and he quit the league. yeah, not going into his leagues any time soon.


Wow a commissioner dropping out of their own league? That's terrible. I've never had that happen in any of my leagues, public or private. Its a judgement call. If you have faith that the guy won't do it again I'd let him back in the league if the league doesn't object to it.
Image

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 8954
(Past Year: 87)
Joined: 6 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Halladay Season

Postby Amazing Oopah » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:38 am

I'd say give him another chance next season and if he does it again, don't ever invite him to your leagues again.
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 3712
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 1 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Starkmadfan » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:25 am

Amazing Oopah wrote:I'd say give him another chance next season and if he does it again, don't ever invite him to your leagues again.


Agreed - you corrected all the potential damage that could have been done. If it happens that this is the same group of guys that also does your fantasy football or such with too - if he bails out on your FF league, then don't bother waiting for the next baseball season
Help me out here? : http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2321827#2321827

Image

Artwork by madaslives911
Starkmadfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 842
Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:29 am

I wouldn't let him back in. Just me I guess.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:06 am

Yeah, to me, he's deader than bears to Steven Colbert.

You're in last place, fine. Set your line-up on a weekly or monthly basis. Make trades to improve for next year, if it's a keeper.

But, releasing all your players? That's a total bush league move that deserves no second chance.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 5516
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Happy Valley

Postby ThatDude » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:02 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:Yeah, to me, he's deader than bears to Steven Colbert.

You're in last place, fine. Set your line-up on a weekly or monthly basis. Make trades to improve for next year, if it's a keeper.

But, releasing all your players? That's a total bush league move that deserves no second chance.


100% agreement.

That kind of behavior gets no second chance from me.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2210
Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mashug » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:47 pm

ThatDude wrote:
GotowarMissAgnes wrote:Yeah, to me, he's deader than bears to Steven Colbert.

You're in last place, fine. Set your line-up on a weekly or monthly basis. Make trades to improve for next year, if it's a keeper.

But, releasing all your players? That's a total bush league move that deserves no second chance.


100% agreement.

That kind of behavior gets no second chance from me.


Ditto. To proactively screw up the rest of the league is inexcusable and childish. I'd drop him permanently
Mashug
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 597
Joined: 25 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Johnesmype, kab21, unioreimi and 11 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Apr. 18
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Cleveland
(2:20 pm)
LA Angels at Detroit
(7:05 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
St. Louis at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Miami at Miami
(7:08 pm)
indoors
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Seattle
(7:10 pm)
Atlanta at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Baltimore at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Arizona at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact