Young pitchers - a heck of a lot or what? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Young pitchers - a heck of a lot or what?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Jury » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:12 am

I think we are witnessing the changing of the guard pitching-wise. As the Maddux, Clemens, RJ, Glavine, Smoltz era of the 90s draws to a close, the next generation of pitching has really been popping up this year and last.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Red Sox Nation » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:19 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Red Sox Nation wrote:The AL ROY is SO tough. There's Papelbon, Verlander, Liriano, Jenks, etc.

:-B

Jenks isn't a rookie, and even if he was he'd have no shot with Papelbon ahead of him at the same position. With Liriano out indefinately, it's probably going to be between Papelbon and Verlander. I'm giving the nod to Papelbon, but I'm a Sox fan. ;-)

I read somewhere that Jenks is a rookie but yeah like mikekim2121 said, I think the 2nd part ruled him out as a rookie.

Same here, Papelbon def. deserves the ROY and if Verlander can win nearly 70% of the rest of his starts, he could win Cy Young.

As for Peavy, well, he was like 20 when he started pitching or whatever.
[url=http://omgitspeter.googlepages.com/home]My Graphics[/url]

Red Sox Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers