This Isn't Really A Fantasy post, But I Seriously Think - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

This Isn't Really A Fantasy post, But I Seriously Think

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

This Isn't Really A Fantasy post, But I Seriously Think

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:56 pm

Torre needs his butt fired. Losing these type of games is inexcusable. It's one thing to lose. It's another thing to get embarrassed.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby eftda » Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:02 pm

i agree, i mean.. how long has it been since he has gone to the world series...

WHAT??? 2 years.... FIRE HIS A**
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JohnnyA » Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:50 pm

hahaha ... starting to fall apart at the seams after a couple of losses? That's gonna be a helluva wild card race with Seattle LOL

Yankees have become all hitting and no pitching. When the production drys up the pitchers are shown for what they are ... very ordinary (Mussina apart). Clemens and Wells look done, Pettitte is SECOND RATE!!!. Unless one or both of Contreras or Weaver set up to the plate (snigger snigger), the Yankess will not make it past the first round of the playoffs at best.

It's not all Torre's fault, although I'm sure he had a say on who he wanted in his rotation this year. There's no point having that ace post-season experience if they're done by the time it comes around.

The aura's gone, and mystique's took the last train out of town ...

Tampa and Baltimore will be rubbing their hands for next year LOL
JohnnyA
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:20 pm

what are you talking about, all hitting no pitching? they don't do either

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby demoflauchy » Sat Sep 06, 2003 7:23 pm

ha ha ha, funny post. :-D
demoflauchy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BobbyRoberto » Sun Sep 07, 2003 2:39 am

I don't remember seeing Torre getting lit up by Boston hitters or striking out against Pedro. Oh yeah, that's right, it's because the PLAYERS were the ones responsible for the Yankees losing their last 2 to Boston. When you lose 9-3 and 12-0, there's not much a manager can do about it. If they lost 4-3 and 3-2 and Torre made some stupid tactical moves, then he would deserve some criticism. But he's not to blame for Clemens getting his butt kicked today.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Return to Baseball Leftovers