Am I right to be furious!?!? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Am I right to be furious!?!?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AdvRider » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:08 pm

IMHO, a "fair" trade should be judged strictly on the value & stats of the players.

Everyone agrees Berkman / Crawford are comparably valued, mas o menos, each with different strengths. Or for example Berkman / Schilling would be considered fair.

Whether a trade is "fair" should NOT depend on how it will affect the standings!! :-t :-t

The whiny boy :~( :~( who complained may be correct that your trading partner won't benefit from Berkman HRs because of a large gap between him and the guy next in the HR standings. That is not the point!

Look at it this way -- would the trade have been veteoed in May when the standings were beginning to take shape? Of course not.

I hope you're supplying your league with the URL to this thread. They should be ashamed of themselves -- THEY'RE the ones playing unfairly, not you! Good luck.
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby brandnew » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:59 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
swyck wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:you leagues trade deadline is waaaaaaaay to late, if guys even have one.

When would you want it to be? Most of them are August 13th.

Anyways, you absolutely have a right to be furious. At the same time, you shouldn't bother with Yahoo! Public Leagues. Next year get a league going through the Classifieds forum here.

ours is august 1st. i wouldnt mind it being a week or so earlier either. teams with no chance in non keeper leagues have no reason to make deals.

That's ridiculous. Guess you dont like the competition, and agree this trade shouldnt have been made. :-P

you got me.

im a competition hater..

Ugh. can you just go back to your public league that you never win? It's probably because you stop checking it after a month because you hate competition so much.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby astav28 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:04 am

never showed the thread to the league; some people are just stuck in their ways.

Irony of the situation is that I was able to make a deal with a different team giving up Matt Holliday and Hank Blalock (who was on my bench) for two big speedsters in Figgins and Hanley Ramirez. So i got my speed anyway.

AND....the berkman/crawford trade was accepted again, hadnt been vetoed in 2 days. I got this other speed trade and decided now that I have the speed in a different form, I might as well keep berkman. So i clicked the veto button on my own trade and it was the 4th one to put it over the edge so it didnt go through....

I guess everything works out even though it was really bogus from the start....
astav28
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AdvRider » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:18 am

astav28 wrote:never showed the thread to the league; some people are just stuck in their ways.

Stuck in their ways at what ... what's the average age of a Yahoo public winners league, 28? ... I hope they're not stuck in their ways at 28 !! 8-o

Post the thread. Somebody will get a clue and maybe next year, this train wreck will not be repeated.
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Half Massed » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:03 pm

People are incredibly biased against trades being made across gaps in standings late in the season. No matter how seemingly fair, if a top standings manager is trying to trade with someone out of the playoff race there'll usually be some kind of unhappiness within the league. It's hard to completely balance a trade, and there's something wrong to be found with any trade out there. If you had the same standings and offered the same trade, but it was mid-may, I bet it would have been accepted. Some people just don't like top teams making any changes late in the season that could benefit them at all. Simple as that.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers