Am I right to be furious!?!? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Am I right to be furious!?!?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Am I right to be furious!?!?

Postby astav28 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:00 pm

In my yahoo 5by5 roto winners league I am doing well in everything except steals so I offer trades out of Berkman for quality speed guys like Crawford, Ichiro, etc.

Finally, one sticks in Berkman for Crawford. It was with the last place team who had not been active for a while but made several add/drops that day as well as accepting my trade.

A guy posts accusing me of cheating and saying that that trade is "heavily' in my favor. He tells me "nice try" and demands everyone veto.

I post that Berkman has a higher o-rank and a higher rank than Crawford, therefore making it in his favor, not mine. I explain that i was trying to get steals and finally a trade stuck.

I post that I would hope in a winners league people would not veto an extremely fair trade because some guy posts and gets everyone riled up.

needless to say, it gets vetoed and I am back to square one after I, through a lot of offers, got a fair trade of Berkman for Crawford.

Am I right to be furious!? What would you guys do in this situation? It's hard to even stay positive about this league anymore. I know there's nothing I can do but I think its a shame that a league with supposedly top-notch players would veto a trade like this.

Even if somehow I knew the guy I traded with personally, I dont think its a vetoable trade, I needed steals, he had a 1 in runs, 2 in HR, 1 in RBI, 8 in steals. He obviously needed power stats more than steals.

I DONT GET IT!!!!!!
astav28
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby noseeum » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:05 pm

That's complete crap. Email the guy who accepted and ask him if he still wants to do the deal, then have him post why on the board, then submit it again.

Berkman for Crawford is about as fair as it gets. If that doesn't go through, what would?
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:09 pm

you leagues trade deadline is waaaaaaaay to late, if guys even have one.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby ukrneal » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:22 pm

I've yet to hear of a good 'winner's league' experience. Most of them seem to veto trades like yours. I'd just retry and post a message to the league. If it doesn't go through, laugh a hearty laugh! HA HA HA HA HA! And then move on...
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:24 pm

ukrneal wrote:I've yet to hear of a good 'winner's league' experience. Most of them seem to veto trades like yours. I'd just retry and post a message to the league. If it doesn't go through, laugh a hearty laugh! HA HA HA HA HA! And then move on...

what is a winners league?
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:25 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
ukrneal wrote:I've yet to hear of a good 'winner's league' experience. Most of them seem to veto trades like yours. I'd just retry and post a message to the league. If it doesn't go through, laugh a hearty laugh! HA HA HA HA HA! And then move on...

anybody who won in a public league the previous year can sign up for a public "winners league". So anybody in a winners league was a yahoo public league winner the previous year. Does that make sense?
Rubber Game Roster
ImageImage
whoseyourdaddy12
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Mission: break the curse of the Chicago Cubs in Rubber Game

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:32 pm

whoseyourdaddy12 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:

anybody who won in a public league the previous year can sign up for a public "winners league". So anybody in a winners league was a yahoo public league winner the previous year. Does that make sense?

gotcha. been playing in yahoo leagues and frequenting this site for years now and ive never heard of that. weird.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:06 pm

I think you have every right to be annoyed. A couple years ago, I traded away Pujols for Podsednik. I had 20+ HR lead and 50+ RBI lead and would've been able to gain 5 spots with 10 more steals. The guy who had Pods was 1st in steals and 7th overall (out of 10).

The trade got vetoed b/c someone complained that the trade guaranteed me the title (I was in 1st and trading away Pujols).

Fortunately, it was a CBS league and the CBS commissioner put the trade through. I did win, and the 7th place team still won SBs (while gaining 5 total points in HR and RBI). But I was so ticked that the trade got vetoed that I haven't played a public league since.

So I understand your situation and you have every right to be annoyed. I'd keep putting the trade up for vote and hope that eventually it goes through (or see if there is some appeal to Yahoo).
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby Webster11 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:15 pm

Ya, you have a right to be mad. I was in a similar sitution, I was up in every hitting category by a wide margin except steals. No one would accept any of my fair offers so I eventually had to settle on Adam Dunn and Joe Crede for Juan Pierre :-P
Webster11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Tiki Barber's Barber » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:16 pm

Stupid leaguemates.
Tiki Barber's Barber
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers