2007 Draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2007 Draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:25 pm

gostanford07 wrote:So you bringing it back up after it went basically unnoticed for 5 posts was really necessary? Finding every possible excuse to berate mods isn't going to make you any friends.

haha, geez, exaggerate much?
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:58 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
DK wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:You guys couldn't just do a slow draft in a Yahoo Group??

Good way to stay on topic and contribute to the thread. :-t :-°

what you dont agree? i mean they are drafting a year and a half before the 2007 starts. this league is gonna end up being a mess/already sort of is.

I don't think the point of the thread was to ask for a better way to do the draft, or to question why they did it. Maybe they didn't want to do a slow draft. Maybe they liked doing it in person while working. I agree it's already a mess, but he's not coming here asking for alternate drafting methods.

Nobody made a negative mention to it except for you, so basically if it wasn't for you nobody would have really cared that much that he made a post regarding the types of drafts. I mean, this isn't about alternative drafting methods, but the thread isn't about bashing mods/vets, either.

Besides if I was his boss I probably wouldn't be happy about fantasy drafts going on while workers were on the clock.

No one is bashing anyone. I thought it was an unnecessary comment.

So is it necessary to comment on it in a degrading fashion?

Your sarcastic tone was clearly bashing IMO.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby davidmarver » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:06 pm

DK wrote:So is it necessary to comment on it in a degrading fashion?

How about we quit bickering and all try to figure out how in the world Victor Martinez is still going in the top five rounds of any draft. :-?
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:13 pm

DK wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
DK wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:

what you dont agree? i mean they are drafting a year and a half before the 2007 starts. this league is gonna end up being a mess/already sort of is.

I don't think the point of the thread was to ask for a better way to do the draft, or to question why they did it. Maybe they didn't want to do a slow draft. Maybe they liked doing it in person while working. I agree it's already a mess, but he's not coming here asking for alternate drafting methods.

Nobody made a negative mention to it except for you, so basically if it wasn't for you nobody would have really cared that much that he made a post regarding the types of drafts. I mean, this isn't about alternative drafting methods, but the thread isn't about bashing mods/vets, either.

Besides if I was his boss I probably wouldn't be happy about fantasy drafts going on while workers were on the clock.

My sarcastic tone? If this is where we're at now, then I don't know what I'm supposed to do. If you want to now say my lines of text on the internet has a sarcastic tone, that's not my fault. I can't control the way you take it, but for you to just claim it had a sarcastic tone really ruins the whole point of me posting anything. :-t I take your post as condescending and threatening. How's that? I guess it doesn't matter how you meant it, because I feel it's threatening. Kind of ridiculous, huh?

Because I said it wasn't contributing, means I'm bashing him? What I said was far from a bash. I'm done with this. I'm not going to keep defending myself to irrational thought and overreaction.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DK » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:29 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
DK wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
DK wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:

My sarcastic tone? If this is where we're at now, then I don't know what I'm supposed to do. If you want to now say my lines of text on the internet has a sarcastic tone, that's not my fault. I can't control the way you take it, but for you to just claim it had a sarcastic tone really ruins the whole point of me posting anything. :-t I take your post as condescending and threatening. How's that? I guess it doesn't matter how you meant it, because I feel it's threatening. Kind of ridiculous, huh?

Because I said it wasn't contributing, means I'm bashing him? What I said was far from a bash. I'm done with this. I'm not going to keep defending myself to irrational thought and overreaction.

You're honestly going to say that "Good way to stay on topic and contribute to the thread. :-t :-° " isn't a sarcastic tone and an unwarranted attack on one of the top moderators and posters here?

And you say I'm irrational... :-°
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:31 pm

Ok, so it was sarcastic. I screwed up there, I still don't see how it's an attack. It was me saying I don't think it was contributing. I wasn't bashing him, flaming him, or anything. I'll even apologize now if it was seen as an attack, but I don't understand how you can see it that way.
Last edited by teddy ballgame on Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:32 pm

DK wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
DK wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
DK wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:

You're honestly going to say that "Good way to stay on topic and contribute to the thread. :-t :-° " isn't a sarcastic tone and an unwarranted attack on one of the top moderators and posters here?

And you say I'm irrational... :-°

The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby davidmarver » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:10 pm

davidmarver wrote:

How about we quit bickering and all try to figure out how in the world Victor Martinez is still going in the top five rounds of any draft. :-?

Yes David, I agree. How is he still going so early?
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:14 pm

davidmarver wrote:
davidmarver wrote:

Yes David, I agree. How is he still going so early?

I wouldn't have considered drafting VMart at his draft day price this year, but I would have thought no one would still make that reach after this year. Half of the catchers on the FA list in my league are suitable to be on my team. No need to waste an early pick on him.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby beatdrum » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:10 pm

You spelled "you're" wrong.
beatdrum
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers