Return to Baseball Leftovers

2007 Draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby chadlincoln » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:34 pm

Vlad that late is amazing.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:45 pm

Lofunzo wrote:You guys couldn't just do a slow draft in a Yahoo Group??

Good way to stay on topic and contribute to the thread. :-t :-°

Anyways, there are a bunch of questionable picks and stuff, I'm not going to bother posting them all. But a few highlights: RedSox Rules picked Utley over Ortiz, and Ortiz and Manny weren't picked until 12 and 13.

Well I can't say I'll be using this as a guide or for anything for any of my '07 drafts.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Fade2White12 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:53 pm

Jeter, Morneau, and Ichiro, and Liriano in the 2nd is questionable, as is Sizemore in the 1st. Not to mention Mauer in the 3rd. Rolen, Chipper, and Dye in the 3rd are reaches, as is Crede in the 4th.

I see Vlad and Bay being huge steals in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Drafting any closer in the 3rd or 4th rounds is a no-no for me - with 4 going in those two rounds.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:00 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:

what you dont agree? i mean they are drafting a year and a half before the 2007 starts. this league is gonna end up being a mess/already sort of is.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:04 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:

what you dont agree? i mean they are drafting a year and a half before the 2007 starts. this league is gonna end up being a mess/already sort of is.

I don't think the point of the thread was to ask for a better way to do the draft, or to question why they did it. Maybe they didn't want to do a slow draft. Maybe they liked doing it in person while working. I agree it's already a mess, but he's not coming here asking for alternate drafting methods.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:06 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:

I don't think the point of the thread was to ask for a better way to do the draft, or to question why they did it. Maybe they didn't want to do a slow draft. Maybe they liked doing it in person while working. I agree it's already a mess, but he's not coming here asking for alternate drafting methods.

yea i guess, but this is gonna end in disaster.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby DK » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:12 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:

Nobody made a negative mention to it except for you, so basically if it wasn't for you nobody would have really cared that much that he made a post regarding the types of drafts. I mean, this isn't about alternative drafting methods, but the thread isn't about bashing mods/vets, either.

Besides if I was his boss I probably wouldn't be happy about fantasy drafts going on while workers were on the clock.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:14 pm

DK wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:

Nobody made a negative mention to it except for you, so basically if it wasn't for you nobody would have really cared that much that he made a post regarding the types of drafts. I mean, this isn't about alternative drafting methods, but the thread isn't about bashing mods/vets, either.

Besides if I was his boss I probably wouldn't be happy about fantasy drafts going on while workers were on the clock.

No one is bashing anyone. I thought it was an unnecessary comment.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby gostanford07 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:21 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
DK wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:

So you bringing it back up after it went basically unnoticed for 5 posts was really necessary? Finding every possible excuse to berate mods isn't going to make you any friends.

Anyway, basically everything has been said about the draft. I'm curious as to why you took Lugo though? I mean you already have Jeter and then took Weeks the following round so even if Lugo did end up with 2B eligibility, he still becomes a backup. I think your team is relatively solid but needs a little more thump.
gostanford07
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:25 pm

gostanford07 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
DK wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:

So you bringing it back up after it went basically unnoticed for 5 posts was really necessary? Finding every possible excuse to berate mods isn't going to make you any friends.

What? If you have anything to show how I do this, please, I'd be glad to see it, because I don't know what you're talking about. I wasn't aware that if a post is made, and the next post doesn't involve the previous one, the first post is now off limits. That's what you're telling me. That because 5 other people didn't comment on it, no one is now allowed to. All I did was say I didn't think it was necessary, and it was over. I went back to the original topic. It wasn't me who has now dragged this thing on.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers