My Annual Thread: THIS is Why I Love H2H! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

My Annual Thread: THIS is Why I Love H2H!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Gold Rush » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:54 pm

I love H2H leagues, but I like Roto a lot more. I have one H2H league this season,(I've been doing H2H for 3 years now, and I'm a Roto rookie) and that H2H league also happens to be a $ league. Last week, I was in 6th place with a 3.5 game lead over 7th place and a 4 game lead over 8th place. I played the 7th place team and I lost 6-2-2(standard 5X5) and I now enter the last week of the season .5 games back of making the playoffs. Now, my team this week plays the 5th place team, (who is pretty much already in the playoffs with a 6 game lead over 6th place), and the 6th place team will face off against the 10th place team, so the schedule plays to his advantage. That is why I like H2H, with the playoffs coming down to the final week of the season with the 6th and 7th place teams seperated by just a half of a game.
go 49ers!!!!!
Gold Rush
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JTWood » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:52 pm

Updating our unbelievable H2H playoffs...

We're in the Divisional Championship (2nd Round) portion of the post season. It's a two-week matchup. The winners from each division get 25% of the prize pot, and then play each other in another two-week matchup for the remaining 50%.

National Division
The #1 seed started the week down by about 50 points, or ~20% behind the #3 seed who won the Wild Card round a couple of week ago. The #1 seed has since outscored the #3 seed by 100 points to take a pretty healthy lead. The big break for the #1 seed has been the strong pitching of RJ and Pettite this week. Halladay's poor outing earlier this week may prove to be the undoing for the #3 seed.

American Division
This has been a see-saw battle for the beginning. They ended week one separated by 5 points, or 2%. The #1 seed jumped out to an early lead on strong pitching at the beginning of week two, but the #2 seed jumped back up on top with a huge night last night. Currently, they are separted by only 25 points, or 6% of the leader's total.

Consolation Tournament
Like the other playoffs, this has been a two-week matchup. The #1 seed has a huge lead on the #4 seed and should be moving on. The #2 seed had been leading for most of their matchup, but they have tanked in the last two weeks while their opponent has surged. Carpenter's CG last night finally propelled the #6 seed into a surprising lead, and with two days to go, these two teams are separated by 42 points, or 11%.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby wrveres » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:39 am

Playoff time ..
Great season all the way around .. Don't believe me, take a look at the playoff tree and tell me which team is best. I surely can't figure it out. New Zealand, leading going into the week, barely hangs on, and squeazes by by half a game to grab the 2nd overall spot. If not for an Adam Dunn stolen base, he would be making plans for a 4 week playoff fight. The defending champion London Knights, made a huge push on the final week, only to fall half a game short of a coveted bye week.

<pre>
Team W L T Wpct
BYE 1
1 California Blaze 138 106 20 0.554
Qtr Final 1
4 MEX Langosteros 136 116 12 0.544
5 Barcelona Reds 133 117 14 0.532
Qtr Final 2
3 London Knights 132 111 21 0.552
6 Toronto 5lyers 128 114 22 0.522
BYE 2
2 New Zeal Slugs 132 110 22 0.552
</pre>

Yeppers .. It's that tight. Who is the best team?

Think about this for minute, the 7th place team, the Magdeburg Wings actually missed out on the playoffs due to a tie breaker. A Tie Breaker. What a tuff way to end the season, having your playoff hopes decided on by a tie breaker, on the final day of the season. Of course the flip side of that is the Canadian national champion coming from about 6 spots back with just weeks to go, grabing the final playoff spot and keeping the hopes and prayers of the Canucks alive. Props to the Toronto 5lyers. Props to all of you on a hard fought season. It went off even better than one could of possibly hoped for.

thanks

<pre>Team W L T % GB
California Blaze 1 138 106 20 0.554 0.0
New Zealand Slugs 2 132 110 22 0.552 5.0
London Knights 3 132 111 21 0.552 5.5
MEX Langosteros 4 136 116 12 0.544 6.0
Barcelona Reds 5 133 117 14 0.532 8.0
Toronto 5lyers 6 128 114 22 0.522 9.0
Magdeburg Wings 7 126 112 26 0.518 9.0

Japan Seibu Lions 8 125 120 19 0.510 13.5
Brussels Flares 9 123 119 22 0.504 14.0
Bridgend Roadrunr 10 122 118 24 0.502 14.0
Felixstowe Fury 11 124 123 17 0.496 15.5
Brisbane Ballers 12 110 135 19 0.460 28.5
Easy in the East 13 100 150 14 0.407 41.0
ayrshireredsox 14 83 161 20 0.349 55.0
</pre>
Last edited by wrveres on Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 720)

Postby JTWood » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:21 am

JTWood wrote:Updating our unbelievable H2H playoffs...

We're in the Divisional Championship (2nd Round) portion of the post season. It's a two-week matchup. The winners from each division get 25% of the prize pot, and then play each other in another two-week matchup for the remaining 50%.

National Division
The #1 seed started the week down by about 50 points, or ~20% behind the #3 seed who won the Wild Card round a couple of week ago. The #1 seed has since outscored the #3 seed by 100 points to take a pretty healthy lead. The big break for the #1 seed has been the strong pitching of RJ and Pettite this week. Halladay's poor outing earlier this week may prove to be the undoing for the #3 seed.

American Division
This has been a see-saw battle for the beginning. They ended week one separated by 5 points, or 2%. The #1 seed jumped out to an early lead on strong pitching at the beginning of week two, but the #2 seed jumped back up on top with a huge night last night. Currently, they are separted by only 25 points, or 6% of the leader's total.

Consolation Tournament
Like the other playoffs, this has been a two-week matchup. The #1 seed has a huge lead on the #4 seed and should be moving on. The #2 seed had been leading for most of their matchup, but they have tanked in the last two weeks while their opponent has surged. Carpenter's CG last night finally propelled the #6 seed into a surprising lead, and with two days to go, these two teams are separated by 42 points, or 11%.

The Nat Div championship ended up going to the #1 seed compliments of Ryan Howard. The American Div championship flip-flopped twice over the last two days (making for something like 6 lead changes over two weeks), and the #2 seed was the team that finally came out on top.

The consolation championship is going to be between our #1 and #6 seeds.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BritSox » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:30 am

Not to mention that the defending world champion Knights came seventh in the UK South league, so now needs to repeat to be in it next year...
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby 1337_Dude » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:43 am

In the Central league, It was a very close race between the Illinois Mini-Ditkas and myself right up until the last 2 weeks or so. Luckily in the 2nd to last week I pulled of a 12-0 win and put enough space inbetween us that is was a bit to much to overcome.

It's probably sad that amount of pride I take in doing so well in that league.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wrveres » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:06 am

1337_Dude wrote:It's probably sad that amount of pride I take in doing so well in that league.

Never, you have a great shot at the H2H World Series title for next year .. Be proud ;-D

Huge, Huge Props .. and good luck in the playoffs.

BritSox wrote:Not to mention that the defending world champion Knights came seventh in the UK South league, so now needs to repeat to be in it next year...

This is true, and he has tuff road to a title. Toronto has been on a roll lately. :-o
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 720)

Postby chris8 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:56 pm

wrveres wrote:
BritSox wrote:Not to mention that the defending world champion Knights came seventh in the UK South league, so now needs to repeat to be in it next year...

This is true, and he has tuff road to a title. Toronto has been on a roll lately. :-o

Sure do. The 5lyers won 8 of their last 9 match-ups to get that 6th spot...including an 8-3 victory over my team... :-o
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 107)

Postby JTWood » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:18 pm

This is what it's all about:

Two days left in our money playoffs game. The two teams have been neck-and-neck from the beginning, but the favorite has slowly etched out a respectable lead. It wasn't much, but given that neither team had done anything spectacular in 12 days, it looked like it might hold - until last night.

The underdog put up huge numbers compliments of Nate Robertson and Micheal Young. All of the sudden, the favorite has one day to take back a lead that he hadn't relinquished at any point earlier in the matchup.

I love H2H!

Image Image Image

Oh, and I ran away with the consolation tournament, as is appropriate, since I was the favorite. I'll be wrapping up the 7th-place title - and the free agency funds that go with it - later tonight.

:-]
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby JTWood » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:07 pm

And the favorite (DaQ) pulled off the comeback.

God bless America!

;-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers