Derrek Lee - Cleared to Resume Baseball Activities - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Derrek Lee - Cleared to Resume Baseball Activities

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Derrek Lee - Cleared to Resume Baseball Activities

Postby Fade2White12 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:53 pm

It's a go for Lee: Tests on Derrek Lee's left wrist were positive enough that Lee will be allowed to start baseball-related activities on Monday.

"The inflammation and soreness have been resolved," trainer Mark O'Neal said. "It looks good."

O'Neal refused to put a timetable on Lee's possible return, saying he doesn't want to set a deadline that might not be met, or to attempt to rush Lee back too quickly. Work on the batting tee and soft toss will gradually lead to increased activities.

"We'll make sure he's comfortable at every stage before we advance him," O'Neal said. "He's in a much better frame of mind about things now."

Lee went on the disabled list for a second time this season on July 24 due to inflammation in his left wrist. In 20 games in between DL stays, Lee hit just .226 with one home run and four RBIs -- clear indication that he still wasn't fully recovered from the wrist fracture that occurred April 19, on a collision at first base with the Dodgers' Rafael Furcal.

To that point, Lee was hitting .218 with three homers and 10 RBIs in 14 games. His season totals are at .261 with four homers and 14 RBIs in 34 games -- which in the wake of a near-MVP 2005 season in which he hit .335 with 46 home runs and 107 RBIs, has Lee eager to return before the season ends.

"You know D. Lee," manager Dusty Baker said. "He wants to play, even if it's just a few games. He's working hard, doing everything necessary. We're going to take it slow."

Very positive news! ;-D
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mariahthepariah » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:45 am

i will get excited when he comes back and is D. Lee from last year.
mariahthepariah
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dat dude » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:44 pm

mariahthepariah wrote:i will get excited when he comes back and is D. Lee from last year.

couldnt of said it better
Dat dude
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Hobbes » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:14 pm

Frankly I wish he would stay on the DL for the remainder of the season so I could stash him there and not waste a roster spot on him. I'm in a keeper league so I need to hang onto him, but I don't see him realistically providing much benefit to my team this season. Shut him down for the year and bring him back strong next year.
Hobbes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Fade2White12 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:47 pm

Derrek Lee is one of the fiercest competitors in league, not to mention it is immensely important for his ability and confidence to come back and get some quality ABs. He'll be back this year, and WILL have some fantasy value. Thinking he'll just sit, PH, or simply have 0-fers everyday is just incorrect - even injured DLee provided some impact. He'll be healthy (for the most part) and obviously important. I can't wait to plug him in during playoff time.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby devastor » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:35 pm

Who cares. Cubs suck!! and Lee won't get any help from that lineup other than ARAM.
devastor
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby devastor » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:35 pm

Who cares. Cubs suck!! and Lee won't get any help from that lineup other than ARAM.
devastor
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Starkmadfan » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:43 pm

He just got finally dropped in my leagues - wonder now if I should waste a waiver wire claim on him and stash him for the final week.
Help me out here? : http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2321827#2321827

Artwork by madaslives911
Starkmadfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates