Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06 PC - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06 PC

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06 PC

Postby Amazinz » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:41 pm

I was visiting my brother-in-law recently and we were drinking some beers and playing some PS2. We kind of got burnt out on Madden and he asked me if I wanted to play TW06. I hate golf. I hate watching it, I hate playing it. I agreed anyway and was pretty surprised how quickly I got addicted to this stupid game. I don't own a console but I stopped off on the way home and purchased the PC version.

I installed it yesterday and so far I like the PC version better. Seems to be a lot less "arcadish". The Trueswing with an optical mouse is awesome... while I was on Novice mode that is. Given a full week of playing TW06 on the PS2 and then a few hours of adjusting to the PC I am too good for Novice mode. Unfortunately Trueswing in Intermediate mode is a nightmare!

So I'm posting this hoping that there are some PC players who can give me some tips. I have searched all over online but can't find any good advice. I tried switching over to a gamepad but just wasn't any good. Then I tried 3-click and 2-click and they are OK but I much prefer the Trueswing mode.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KPucks » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:13 pm

I can't give any tips b/c I've only played on my laptop, meaning Trueswing is basically the most difficult task in the world, so I have to use the click system. However, I agree that the game is very addicting and I love it on the PC.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Phatferd » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:01 pm

go to coursedownloads.com and you can download a bunch of real and fake courses that other people have made. It's a lot like MVP MODS, just for Tiger Woods.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:15 pm

Thanks for the head's up. I was looking around for courses but couldn't find any. ;-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:51 am

That game rules!! Using the mouse is so much fun! Best golf game ever....

Dude with the laptop you should buy a wireless mouse ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Amazinz » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:05 am

Yeah I'm still getting the hang of the mouse. I'm playing on Intermediate now. I still shank the hell out of the ball of sometimes and putting is still a bit difficult.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Return to Video Games