LOL, why does CBSSportsline get a pass? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

LOL, why does CBSSportsline get a pass?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

LOL, why does CBSSportsline get a pass?

Postby Y`s Guy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:09 pm

Yahoo gets killed because people can't get their A-ball prospect fast enough or because StatTracker is funky for a few minutes/ hours.

Yet here is CBS with glitches all week and...nothin'.

:-P

Damn CBS!!

;-)
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 277)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby Amazinz » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:40 pm

CBS SportsLine sucks! Happy? Yahoo just gets all the attention because it's more popular. B-)

P.S. If you see my girlfriend, tell her she forgot to stock the beer fridge. :-/
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bleach168 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:42 pm

I would guess that 90% of us play Yahoo.

Someone should do a poll.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Y`s Guy » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:03 pm

Hey Amazin'...me and some guys turned your fridge into that "Magic Fridge". Just come next door and knock. We'll share.

;-D
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 277)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby Amazinz » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:04 pm

Lol. You don't have enough friends to lift my beer fridge. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:50 am

i greatly prefer CBS
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:25 am

CBS was really, really buggy two years ago. Seemed ok last year, and I've had no problems this year. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Coppermine » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:10 pm

I don't care for CBS's interface at all; it's content is very much superior to Yahoo's and the tools at your disposal are excellent.. but for sheer ease of use and user friendliness, SportsLine blows.

One of my favorite features in Yahoo is sorting players by their ranks; the Yahoo Rank, the overall fantasy rank for the year and also their ranks in the last week or month. I use this is extensive in Yahoo to keep track of which players are more consistent than others. I know there are ways to do this on my own, but I just find the simplicity of Yahoo's interface superior over SportsLines.

StatTracker is also much, much better than Sportline's GameCenter, which is extremly buggy and difficult to read with all the commas everywhere.

I also hate that the per-game stats are not "easily accessible." Maybe I sound like a whiney newb, but the baseball season is long and sometimes all I can give is a quick glance in the morning.

Overall, I don't think I'll be using CBS again.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Starkmadfan » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:24 pm

I don't like the fact that CBS sportsline H2H leagues do not allow for a DL - (unless there is a setting to adjust for it that I just am unaware of) - I agree , their gamecast is really buggy - the other night, it was behind the action by almost a full inning - and then suddenly it would speed up. Also the waiver wire only applies to dropped players and not players called up from the minors. I used Yahoo before, and I switched to Sportsline only because my co-workers use it. Will probably go back to Yahoo next year.
Help me out here? : http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2321827#2321827

Artwork by madaslives911
Starkmadfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Coppermine » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:53 pm

Starkmadfan wrote:I don't like the fact that CBS sportsline H2H leagues do not allow for a DL - (unless there is a setting to adjust for it that I just am unaware of) - I agree , their gamecast is really buggy - the other night, it was behind the action by almost a full inning - and then suddenly it would speed up. Also the waiver wire only applies to dropped players and not players called up from the minors. I used Yahoo before, and I switched to Sportsline only because my co-workers use it. Will probably go back to Yahoo next year.

My sportline H2H league has a DL.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk