Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who is right?

ME
90%
The commissioner and the rest of the league
10%

Total votes : 52

Postby johnsamo » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:39 am

And I don't get this playoff thing? what is that?... and why would you have it? Our FB season ends the last day of regular season... Do the top teams, then draft players from the playoff teams? I do't get it or understand how under any circumstances a playoffs would make a FB league any better.... Once it's playoff times in real baseball, I don't care about my FB team, the season is over, I'm just into the real games.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:25 am

johnsamo wrote:And I don't get this playoff thing? what is that?... and why would you have it? Our FB season ends the last day of regular season... Do the top teams, then draft players from the playoff teams? I do't get it or understand how under any circumstances a playoffs would make a FB league any better.... Once it's playoff times in real baseball, I don't care about my FB team, the season is over, I'm just into the real games.

In H2H there is playoffs for like the last few weeks.

Anyways, how has the league responded to this thread? Post it again if you have to, because these idiots should not get away with this.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Deuce » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:18 pm

You've just had your 1st round pick stolen from you. The league has decided that you are not good enough for them. Quit while you're ahead. The commish will finish in 7th place and then have your pick. Quit, you're no longer ahead.
The glass is neither half full nor half empty... It is simply a glass
Deuce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:39 pm

Dear commish of this guys league:

Please quit jerking him and around, and stop making rule changes midseason that favor you and your team. That's a big Boo.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby noseeum » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:44 pm

Hey robeyryan, don't leave us hanging here. What was the outcome?
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Starkmadfan » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:51 pm

johnsamo wrote:And I don't get this playoff thing? what is that?... and why would you have it? Our FB season ends the last day of regular season... Do the top teams, then draft players from the playoff teams? I do't get it or understand how under any circumstances a playoffs would make a FB league any better.... Once it's playoff times in real baseball, I don't care about my FB team, the season is over, I'm just into the real games.

H2H leagues have four to six team (depends on size) playoffs where teams with the best record move on elimination style until the top two teams face each other - its done before the regular season ends - no redraft, you bring with you who you got plus add/drop.

I still say quit the league - why waste time and effort, gain added frustration over a league that won't play by the rules - thousands of other leagues out there, new ones forming all the time, write this one off I'd say.
Help me out here? : http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2321827#2321827

Artwork by madaslives911
Starkmadfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby djack909 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:20 pm

That's why I never join a league where the commissioner can spoil the the season by cheating.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BritSox » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:22 pm

djack909 wrote:That's why I never join a league where the commissioner can spoil the the season by cheating.

So you only ever join public leagues then?
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers