alright! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

alright!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DK » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:59 am

Super GM wrote:It doesn't help to have prospects if they perform just as bad as the pro's do....Heilman hasn't really been that big a help to the Mets. I will give them credit for Reyes. The kid's gonna be good. As for the Mets having the best farm system...I'm not so sure about that one...

nah, the indians have the best farm system. i think we're second, although we've brought up some prospects... although it's true heilman hasn't been great, its only his second year of pro ball. reyes has done things i could have never imagined in his first year. don't forget kazmir, huber, ring, almonte, just for examples.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pkarr5000 » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:36 am

sigh, all this talk of farm systems is making me jealous. at one point, a few years ago, the astros had the best farm system in baseball... :-t
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby DK » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:37 am

pkarr5000 wrote:sigh, all this talk of farm systems is making me jealous. at one point, a few years ago, the astros had the best farm system in baseball... :-t

hehehe. ;-D well, now they've got one of the best teams in baseball, Kent, Berkman, Bagwell, Oswalt (when healthy), Wagner, just to name a few.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:28 am

The Mets farm system is improved but don't confuse quantity of callups with quality. They traded away veterans out of necessity this year but didn't get much back other than Ring and maybe 1 other player. No one was going to pony up great propects when they knew that the Mets had to make moves. Once they made those deals, they had no choice but to go to AAA for some players. They have some solid young callups but Reyes is the only 1 that I see as being a potential top tier player. A few other nice players, too. At least they're more fun to watch now. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Madison » Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:42 am

Seems like all of my Ranger's big prospects are hitters. :-/ Just what we need, another hitter. :-/ I think they've forgotton about pitching and just want to drive everyone else's era up. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers