Beltran - expect more rest - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Beltran - expect more rest

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Beltran - expect more rest

Postby bcb » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:55 pm

Don't like the sound of this from Rotowire:

Aug 11 Beltran was given the day off in the Mets' 7-3 win over the Padres Thursday in part to help rest his sore knees, which have shown inflammation in recent weeks, the team's official site reports.

Recommendation: Beltran said his right knee has been more troublesome than his left, but that changes on a day-to-day basis. He had an MRI performed recently to check out the knees and has been advised to continue icing the knees three or four times daily, though he expects to play Friday at Washington. This will be an ongoing problem for the remainder of the season, so it would not be surprising to see manager Willie Randolph rest Beltran judiciously if the Mets clinch the NL East early in September.
Last edited by bcb on Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigmoney » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:07 pm

if Beltran miss more than 10% of his games in september I'm gonna sell him high right now. How long does it take player notes to go away? I really don't want my opponent to see that....
bigmoney
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Philliebuster » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:56 pm

Here was the original statement....

Just a day: Carlos Beltran was given Thursday's day game off in part to help rest his sore knees, which have shown inflammation in recent weeks, the outfielder said.

Beltran said his right knee has been more troublesome than his left, but that changes on a day-to-day basis. He had an MRI performed recently to check out the knees and has been advised to continue icing the knees three or four times daily, though he expects to play Friday at Washington.

"[Thursday] I felt sore," Beltran said. "It bothered me a bit, but it's not something where it's going to keep me out for any period of time."

So wherever they got that it would be "an ongoing problem for the remainder of the season." I don't know. I'd prefer to trust Carlos on these things, because if he did think that it would keep him out an extended period I think he would say so, and they would probably shelve him a week or two to make sure he is healthy for the playoffs.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazing Oopah » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:56 pm

I think I may have to sell Beltran for some pitching... can't afford to have him sit out during the fantasy baseball playoffs :-[
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Philliebuster » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:01 pm

Amazing Oopah wrote:I think I may have to sell Beltran for some pitching... can't afford to have him sit out during the fantasy baseball playoffs :-[

I'd wait for some more solid info, no reason to sell him based on this one report.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:37 pm

If you can get full value for him as if this wasn't an issue (ie another first rounder) then by all means go for it. Just don't go lower than that on this news item alone.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby OgreBallz » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:05 pm

You would have to think this applies to several of the Met's players over the next month and a half. Guys like Pedro and Delgado will be rested where possible to keep them fresh for the playoffs. I was going to trade for Beltran until I saw that blurb from rotoworld...thank god I read it in time!!!
OgreBallz
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Injuries & Player Updates