Pitching to a little league kid with cancer - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Pitching to a little league kid with cancer

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jzfran » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:17 am

At that age, it isn't all about winning. The Yankees coach should be more worried about being a good role model for his 9 year old players. This is sickening. Play the game, have fun, and every kid will come out with a positive experience. Instead, the Yankees coach made this a win at all costs environment, which is ridiculous in a league of 9 year olds.
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:23 pm

Ahh this one is really tough which I think makes me not hate the coach that much.

I don't really think this is the worst thing ever. Walking people intentionally is the stupid part. You gotta pitch around the kid but don't walk him intentionally. They you don't look like a jerk for this.

However, I question whether or not this kid should have even been playing baseball. He has to wear a protective helmet in the field and his parents carry around shots in case he is injured because he may die. Seems irresponsible of the parents to put this kid on the field if he's risking his life. If he's good enough to step foot on the field he should be treated like any other kid. However, the IBB was a pretty stupid move. Embarrassing yes.

Now the other team I'm sure was excited to win and you don't wanna take anything away from them. They won fair and square.

One thing i thought was lame while Listening to KO interview the father was that the pitcher on the other team said he wanted to pitch to Romney "slowly". Thats freaking lame. Its the coaches call not yours. You try to win the game.

The father said he was happy to hear that he wanted to pitch slowly to Romney. Booo.

Anyways its a stupid situation and it doesn't surprise me that the media wants to make money off of it but its not that big of a deal.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk